You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

remus

TalkTalk change DD date

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4003 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

My TalkTalk dd comes out on the 31st and has done for the past 2 years.

Last month, I noticed on my bank statement, that the dd had come out on the 28th, luckily I had funds to cover this.

When I contacted TalkTalk as to why they had taken the dd early, I was told that a letter had been sent explaining THEIR system change, and change of dd date and if I had a problem with the date I had to contact them. They also informed me that my dd date was on my internet bill, and they had given me notice of the date.

I never received a letter, and so had no reason to check to see if the dd date had changed.

They are now telling me that the date cannot be changed, as THEIR system is unable to do this!

Is this right?

Did anyone else receive the letter that I didn't? and get their dd date changed?

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Why not look to other providers, give Talktalk notice and leave, I'm pretty sure you will recive a call which will go like this "why are you leaving" when you explain they will say "oh Mr/MrsRemus we can change that DD back, grovel, grovel" .

How do I know that cos every company wants to keep your custom.

issue 27 - banking - direct debit guarantee

The direct debit guarantee applies to all banks and building societies taking part in the direct debit scheme. It says that:

square-purple.gif

If there is a change in the amount to be paid or the payment date, the person receiving the payment (the originator) must notify the customer in advance. I would claim the money back from the bank, just to be awkward, and if you want to stay with TT and they don't change the date, I would make it a monthly trip to my bank to claim the money back:D:D

• Haha 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Er - they already gave notice of the change on the Internet Bill, so there is no compliance issues. Another case of 'we'll take what we want, when we want, for as much as we want.... because we CAN!'. Arrange to take control of YOUR payments and pay them when you are good and ready, not when they are.

• Haha 1

Exactly buzby, one of the emails followed the lines - we gave you notification on your bill within the prescribed time limits. Yes, but I never received the initial letter that set this in motion.

Don't get me on dd's, the easy way to pay, for who? They are a black hole, and no one will take responsibility for them, leaving the consumer with no way to turn:mad:

Old Andrew 2007, I hear what you are saying, and I know they can change the dd date, why do they feel they have to pee you off?

Bazooka Boo, thanks for the links, I know TT will take payment on the 28, and I will have to ensure funds are there, before pay day, if only it was that simple to claim back from the bank:rolleyes:

I shall persevere with TalkTalk:p

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Exactly buzby, one of the emails followed the lines - we gave you notification on your bill within the prescribed time limits. Yes, but I never received the initial letter that set this in motion.

Don't get me on dd's, the easy way to pay, for who? They are a black hole, and no one will take responsibility for them, leaving the consumer with no way to turn:mad:

Old Andrew 2007, I hear what you are saying, and I know they can change the dd date, why do they feel they have to pee you off?

Bazooka Boo, thanks for the links, I know TT will take payment on the 28, and I will have to ensure funds are there, before pay day, if only it was that simple to claim back from the bank:rolleyes:

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Guest Old_andrew2018
Exactly busby, one of the emails followed the lines - we gave you notification on your bill within the prescribed time limits. Yes, but I never received the initial letter that set this in motion.

Sorry I cant say why they want to pee you off unless like most companies they are just conceited, leaving as I suggest might not be the right answer, but IMHO they want to keep your custom.

Why not try the phone call

Andy

Hi Remus,

I am going through similar thing with TT at the moment - I got the notification by email saying thing will change next month as regard to how you receive your bill not that the will change the DD date.

unfortunately for then they didn't send me a bill this month and they want me to login everyday to see if my bill is ready.

My DD date changes every month though i requested it comes out after the 24th, I have been lucky so far, but last month it was the 23rd, this month 20th, next month is showing 18th, i am guessing the one after that will the the 15th. I started from the 28th just like yours.

I know they offer a free broadband and good international tariff that is the only reason I am still with them. My bank is charging me £8 for DD unpaid and TT is telling me they will charge me £5 for DD failure.

So I have to write to their complaint department - do you have an email address for them?

SEE email extract

Dear Customer,

From next month, we're making some changes to improve the way you view your TalkTalk bill.

As usual, we'll send you an email to let you know your latest TalkTalk bill is ready, however, rather than attaching a copy of your bill, you will be able to follow a link to view your bills online at MyAccount.

Your MyAccount login

You have already set up your MyAccount. So, to login you'll just need your username

Hi fro, sorry to hear they are messing you about with your dd.

If you log into your account, the contact details are there, then you can email them with your details, don't let it rest when they fob you off, keep emailing politely asking what they intend to do to rectify the situation.

I have today received my email to log in to my account to see the bill and details, (was wondering when they were going to give me my 10 days notification for the 28th!), and lo and behold, its coming out on the 3rd. Will see what next month brings.

http://www.bacs.co.uk/Bacs/Businesses/DirectDebit/PayingBy/Pages/YourRights.aspx fro have a look here to get some idea of your rights. (remembering that they actually run it!).

Edited by remus
add

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08