You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Petebob

BLS - Lloyds Overdraft

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3821 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello folks,

Firstly I'd like to say thanks to the guys who set this forum up. There's a hell of a lot of info on here and from what I've read some good folk offering their time and advice.

I'll try and keep this short :)

BLS want me to pay an Overdraft which I believe isn't my fault.

I had some trouble with my blood and consequently had to give up work. Shortly before everything went to pot I made an appointment with my branch. Let's just say they weren't helpful at all.

Basically there wasn't enough money in my account for my Loan DD to go out but the money was debited from my account anyway, instantly making me overdrawn. But strangely a DD for a mobile bill bounced (as I thought it should).

I called collections who didn't really know as it wasn't forwarded to them yet so they couldn't help.

They kept taking the DD and sticking on interest. Unfortunately due to being admitted I wasn't able to get things sorted quickly enough.

Since they have pulled my statements from internet banking I sent in the Subject Access Request which they recieved on 04/06/09.

In reply I got a letter asking me to confirm my signature which I sent back on 17/06/2009. Unfortunatley it wasn't delivered until 22/06/09

I have heard nothing in return and believe the 40 (working) days will be up by the 29th of this month.

Should I get the "Hurry Up" letter printed and sent?

Regards

Pete

Hi PeteB

welcome to cag :)

The 40 days are calender days and not working days, if you haven't recieved your statements/data you need to send the non compliance letter.

Data Protection Act - Non-Compliance - Template Letters

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

Hello Tilly,

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I couldn't have read it properly :(

Non - Compliance letter is in the post.

Hiya Pete

Your welcome :) theres a lot to take in at first and can be a bit daunting, any problems or worry's just shout:)

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

Hello Folks,

Well I finally got the info :) I hope it's all there as it weighs alot and most likely would knock someone out if it fell on them!

There's alot of jargon in there but it does confirm that the Direct Debit for my loan was taken out and not bounced back pushing me over my overdraft limit. They did however bounce my mobile phone bill.

Could someone point me in the right direction of a letter outlining this to BLS and Lloyds?

BLS have also sent me the Full & Final Settlement Offer (Without Prejudice)

to basically halve the outstanding amount LOL

Hello folks,

I'm wondering if I have anything to use against Lloyds for continuing to take out a Direct Debit when there wasn't the money in the account to cover it?

The payments for a loan went out yet they bounced a mobile phone bill :confused:

Hello folks,

I'm wondering if I have anything to use against Lloyds for continuing to take out a Direct Debit when there wasn't the money in the account to cover it?

The payments for a loan went out yet they bounced a mobile phone bill :confused:

It would depend on whether you had cancelled the DD or not. If it was still a live DD then it is your responsibility to ensure sufficient funds are available, and you would, indeed, be liable for any bouncing fees and charges. If you had clearly informed them that the DD was to be cancelled, and in good time, then you have cause to complain, and grounds, too.

I would have understood if it had bounced and then I got charged for it bouncing.

What actually happened was my mobile phone bill bounced and got charged but the loan payment was taken for the full amount pushing me past my overdraught.

I thought that with DD if the funds weren't there it would bounce