You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

harrassed senior

Ccj - How Long Is Too Long?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4017 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Out of interest, I know in theory a valid CCJ never expires until full payment is made, but, I have also read that the longer the creditor on the CCJ takes to enforce payments, the less likely it is that a Court would consider re-enforcing the payments.

So, CCJ 2006 - payments never enforced and 'debt' is sold on and passed around - no-one appears to know of the existence of the CCJ.

Can a DCA for instance vary the amount ordered? Are they entitled to collect if this judgement amount is ordered to be paid to OC?

Who (ie OC or current DCA) would need or indeed, be able, to apply to the Court to enforce payments?

All is quiet at present on this one, and is now over 3 years since CCJ date. No payments have ever been made to anyone. I know this will stay on CF until 6 years from date of Judgement, but a few thoughts on how to proceed would be appreciated as I expect it will re-surface sooner or later!

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

After 6 years they have to apply to the court for permission to enforce.

They are not allowed to vary the judgement made by adding charges, interest etc., unless it states in the the CCJ that they can. Although they can accept less.

AFAIK whoever owns the debt has to apply for enforcement, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that if a DCA buys a debt which has a CCJ they have to enforce it within 6 months, no doubt someone will correct me. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I had an idea that it may prove hard to enforce now being as how it has been sold on several times with no mention of the CCJ.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.