Problems with Natwest/Triton etc.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. Unfortunately we found ourselves unable to cope with our debt last year and contacted the CCCS who we set up a debt managment plan. All of our creditors acknowledged accept Natwest however they have received regular payments since Novmeber 2008. As they didn't contact us I presumed everything was OK.

A couple of months ago we received letters threatning court action but no acknowledgment of the debt management plan and so I wrote to them with all the details again but had nothing back. Things escalated when Triton got involved but they refused to admit they'd had any letters or payments! We spoke and wrote to customer services who admitted that this was wrong but then a few days later got a letter from a solicitor threatening legal action unless a payment plan was set up. I spoke to them and the CCCS who have sent them a copy of our plan. I also wrote once again to customer services complaining that we'd already set up a plan but because nobody has ever acknowledged it how can we stop legal action when we hit a silence each time? I got a letter back from them this morning saying they'll look into it but I'm getting really frustrated and if nothing is agreed by 10am on the 14th then the solicitor will progress with court action.

I really don't know what to do next and don't want to have to go to court as I don't feel it's warranted. We fully accept we owe the money which is why we approacched the CCCS at the earliest opprotunity before we fell behind with regular payments and as soon as we are able we want to make higher payments but we don't seem to be getting anywhere with them.

Any advice?

Also I haven't looked into reclaiming bank charges but should I? We banked with them for over 15 years and I know we've had them but I wouldn't have all the statements now.

The court will throw them out. You have been paying and can presumably prove that. The letters you have written, did you get a proof of posting?

Natwest are absolutely awful on communication and have ignore all letters i have written over 4 years. I have a copy of every letter and have proof of posting for each and every one. I look forward to my day in court if that ever happens!

Thanks Wheelergeezer. I've got a copy of all the letters but should have sent them recorded and will do from now on. It'll be interesting to see what the customer services reply with this time!

What do you think about the bank charges and how would that affect everything?

Thanks

Hi, caron2608.

Send Natwest a Subject Access Request, total up the charges and start your claim.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi,

This 'link' should be ok..............

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/110--data-protection-act-1998-subject-access-request-

Not sure about the DMP, will check it out.

Regards.

Scott.

Hi,

It should not affect your DMP, just make it quicker to pay off :)

Regards.

Scott.

Hi caron2608,

Had exactly the same situation Welfare Rights had written to Natwest over a numer of months and they never once responded. I had called them on so many occassions and no-one could help me. There slogan Helpful Banking is a load of tosh. They chose to ignore letters, put you into default then pass to Triton (who are infact Natwest) to put pressure on you.

Get them to send you their complaints procudure and make a complaint. Also send of for the SAR, and reclaim charges, plus you'll know if they received any correspondence or not.

Good luck & all the best:)

Hi. Thanks for the replies.

The solicitor that wrote me the letter was Shakespeare Putsman and I've googled it and found threads on here where people have had a charging order on their property even though they had DMPs and had been repaying consistently! I must admit after reading some of the experiences it's scared the life out of me, there's no way that I could understand and compete with a barrister on all the technical details if I was faced with it in court.

The CCCS sent a copy of the DMP to Shakespeare Putsman and I've written a letter of complaint to the NAtwest as they haven't acknowledged the DMP but took the payments.

Any help from others who've had experience of them of what I'm likely to face? Thanks

I rang the customer care people at Natwest today to see what the situation was and they denied ever having a payment plan offered although this was the collections dept and Triton. I told them I'd been sending stuff since last September but they have no details! I rang the CCCS who told me that Natwest had replied to the original DMP but rejected it. So I'm really cross. I've never had anything from them to say that they weren't happy with the proposal or even a proposal form. Now I'm waiting for the solicitors to reply (the customer care woman said that she's had confirmation from them that they have received our DMP from the CCCS) and it's up to them whether our repayments are satisfactory and not up to Natwest...yeah right I said! I've told them my complaint still stands and will now use the info from the CCCS about October. The CCCS said they still may go to CCJ or even charge on the property. I'm going to send the Subject access letter tomorrow but I really want to escalate my complaint - I can't get over the irony that I've paid something towards bailing them out because of the credit crunch!