Fine but not markings on the road?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, would appreciate some advice please. Got a parking fine because I had parked longer than permitted. But I was hemmed in and couldn't get out. The authorities sent a photograph and to me it confirmed I was hemmed in, but they say that I could have moved. The parking area has no road markings indicating parking spaces, and even though I mentioned this, they have ignored this fact and will no longer correspond with me. Thanks

Surely, you don't need individual bay markings for a bay corresponding to diag 1028?

However, looking at the photos that have been provided, I would say that you will have a hard time arguing that you could not driven out of that gap. Reversing with a left hand lock as far as the rear car allows, then right hand locking to move forward would have easily got you out of that, proabably in two moves judging from the amount of space in front and back of the car. Judging by the fact that at the angle that the photo was taken you can see the far corner of the car I would estimate that you had between 18 and 20 inches at the front of the car and the same behind.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

I thought you said you were 'hemmed in'. I could get that red van out and I know Crem could too.

haha well I was going to claim I could but I see you beat me to it wheelergeezer.

The van should come out of there in one go and I'm sure if I saw a gap of that size I'd be more than happy to grab it for myself if no-one else wanted it. :)

As a rough guide, a gap of 1 1/2 times your car length should be "comfortable". A gap of 1 1/4 times your car length is getting tight but should be "do-able".

Thanks for your opinion and advice. I couldn't open the back door of the van!

Although it doesn't look that tight behind the van to open the doors from the pics, you appear to have about 3 foot in front of the van allowing you to roll slightly forward and have plenty of room to then sort out at the back.

Anyway, our opinion doesn't really matter, it would seem that the council have already made a similar judgement which has led to the rejection. I am not sure an adjudicator would see it differently but you could try.

Oh dear, I think you guys are just too smart for me. Came on here to get some advice i.e. I don't know what a diagram 1028 is!! And it also shows that unless you take the photograph yourself, it is not going to show the real situation.

You said you were "hemmed in". The photos show you clearly aren't and there's enough room to get out of the space. You then change your mind to say the problem is you can't get your back doors open. How does that equate to bing "hemmed in"? You came to ak for help and opinions. Just because they don't agree with your point ofview, doesn't make them wrong.