You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

badboy09

holiday from hell ...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4009 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

me and my partner booked a holiday to majorca from a company local to ourselves called regal travel, we were due to fly out on june 16th - 23rd june 09.

The day came and we flew out to magaluf and we were booked to stay at the HOTEL FLORIDA in Magaluf

from the moment we arrived till the moment we left was total hell ,

we had unpacked and decided to go and chill by the pool as we had arrived there by dinnertime and the sun was out , i had even brought all the suntan lotion

needed for our supposed nice week away in magaluf but ...

we decided to go for a dip in the pool and to sunbath for a bit , but that didnt last long , i had been in the pool for a matter of mins and i felt this

agonizing pain on my back and shoulders , i was in pure agony , i got out and went back to my hotel room , dried myself while in pain , and went to look

in the bathroom mirror with in the space of 15-20 mins my arms and shoulders had blistered up into big yellow blisters on both sides ,

i dabbed cold water on them , to ease some of the pain but it was unbearable , i took a trip down to the local english doctors , thinking my health

insurance would cover it , but to my dismay it didnt i had to pay 20 euros to see the doc and another 30 euros for medication and cream to sooth the pain i

was having with these blisters , the doctor had advised me that i had had an allergic reaction to something , i told him i had just been in the hotels

swimming pool , and he explained that was more than likely the sorce of the allergic reaction , i have been abroad many times and it definatly was not sun

burn , he advised that i use the medication that had been subscribed to me , and rest in the hotel room for the next few days , so i did , but even when i

put a tee shirt or a shirt on i was in agonizing pain , i often went onto the rooms balcony to sit there and enjoy some sun , only to have to go back in

the room cos the sun was burning on my blisters , i spent the next four days in my room , with so much frustration , i decided i had to go out ,

when me and my partner did venture out down to the hotel resteraunt for food as we had gone halfboard , but by the time we had got back , we noticed someone

had been in our room , yet everytime we had gone out our room had been securely locked , we checked our belongings and noticed all our money had been

stolen , we went down to the reception to complain , only to be fobbed off by the manager saying our staff have been here for years they dont do stuff

like that , and also they dont have keys to ur rooms , i contacted the thomas cook rep who came to see us , and we explained what had gone on , and she told

us she would have a word with the management , by now i was seething , we were stuck in magaluf with 6 euros and we wasnt due to fy home for another 3-4

days . the thomas cook rep told us that we could pay 40 euros to have an enterpretaur come to the police , and get us a crime number BUT we couldnt claim

it back as we hadnt locked any of the money in the safe in the room , EVEN the sign in the lobby of the hotel tells us to be carefull with stuff in our

rooms as they cant be held responsible for it , yet does that give them a right to help themselves ?

SO the next day we were in our locked room , suddenly one of the staff entered our room and walked in after unlocking the door , which we had locked ,

they had a key AFTER telling us they didnt have one , i couldnt wait to get out of the hotel and back home to the uk , yet someone else in the hotel had

left there holiday to go home after having 600 euros stolen from his room also , by this time it was roughly the sunday daytime ( 2 days b4 we were due

to fly home )

then my partner came down with food poisoning , and as all our money had been stolen we couldnt afford to get medical help for her , so we spent the

rest of the holiday in the hotel room , with us both recovering from the worst holiday we had ever had , to make matters worse THIS WAS HER FIRST TRIP

ABROAD .....

is there a claim to be made against thomas cook as neither of us really had the holiday we had planned for ?

any help would be appreciated ty ,

Guest Old_andrew2018

IMHO you will not be able to gain compensation from THOMAS COOK, the blisters if caused by a contaminate in the pool would have resulted in other guests having similar reactions.

Your money won't be covered under travel insurance as it was not secured in a safe, yes it was stolen but in an insurers eyes you were at fault.

However to be told master keys do not exist is rubbish as the cleaning and staff have these, a one of them is certainly the culprit.

Andy

so theres nothing that can be done at all , as to me ,this holiday was a waste of money and maybe there were other complaints about the contamination of the pool who knows ?

mike

Re: Health insurance, if you saw a private Dr (which is most likely), then you are covered, but a lot of Drs there won't take it for outpatient visit, as costs are fairly low and not worth them doing it. Bear in mind however that you would have an excess to pay, so you need to work out if it's worth claiming or not, as your excess is likely to be round the £50 mark anyway...

If other people had the same problem as you, you would have a case (there was something on Watchdog a few years back about pools which contained an excess of chemical product and had caused lots of issues), but if you don't have any evidence of that, you're going to be scuppered from start, I think.

The theft of your money would be covered by your travel insurance, but only if you got a police report. If you didn't, they won't pay up. As for the hotel, because you chose to keep it in the room, they'll deny liability as well.

One thing I would complain about is the rep saying it would cost €40 for an interpreter to go with you to the police. That is completely outrageous, especially knowing that you had just been robbed, and I would kick up a stink big time about the unhelpfulness of the rep.

For info, should you ever have this kind of problem again (hopefully not!), your travel insurance has an assistance company which can assist with getting medical reports, police reports, and even with outpatient visits if you go and see one of the drs the insco has contracts with. In case of problems, it is always worth giving them a call to see what if anything they can do or what info you'll need to put in a claim on your return. ;-)