Recurring themes- appeals?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't know how many caggers there are on the forum with regard to CCA agreement disputes

but i do know from reading a lot that there are certain "key" arears wher caggers long for decided case law

Most of this seems to stem from appealing poor court decisions

lets assume there are 10,000 caggers interested in this area

10,0000 x one quid = 10,000 pounds

10,0000 x 5 quid = 50,000 pounds

enough to form a fighting fund to appeal certain KEY points which in turn would benefit us all?

what are the thoughts on this or is it too radical!

I don't know how many caggers there are on the forum with regard to CCA agreement disputes

but i do know from reading a lot that there are certain "key" arears wher caggers long for decided case law

Most of this seems to stem from appealing poor court decisions

lets assume there are 10,000 caggers interested in this area

10,0000 x one quid = 10,000 pounds

10,0000 x 5 quid = 50,000 pounds

enough to form a fighting fund to appeal certain KEY points which in turn would benefit us all?

what are the thoughts on this or is it too radical!

A very nice thought and in the true CAG spirit.

There is always a but..

Who decides who should benefit? I'd rather put money into this site to keep it going than fund an individual case which may be subject to further appeal. How do you prioritise? People facing eviction for secured debts are in need of more advice and a 'fighting fund' than someone with a £500 debt for a store card debt who is arguing the merits of a CCA.

I don't disagree with your idea and if we had an ideal world I'd be the first to sign up. But perhaps there could be a co-operative formed off the back of your idea to help those that really need our support.

I agree - would even be happy to pay £5 per month subscription if it means the guys on here could spend more time giving support..... (so your £5 x 10,000 but monthly - not annually!)

The usual suspects that always help everyone could then agree within a consultive group which cases to take on - personally i'd rather the clued up guys used our sub's to take on the CRA's directly - like a much bigger version of UK26 vs Experian - as most have legal knowledge i'm sure with a years sub's paid by all the regulars that we'd get them in court!

A class action case against the CRA's for being one sided in that they try and worm out of their responsibilities by posting libellous data about people and always believing the OC. Even going as far to challenge the 6yr rule - there is no law that says data should remain for 6yrs, what with the europeans trying to get us to follow suit with a 3yr statute barred policy surely 3yrs is plenty time to have adverse data registered.... after all, no laws tell us that it has to remain for 6yrs - thats something they have decided - maybe we could change that?

I'm up for it - anyone want to start the ball rolling then £60 will be on it's way to CAG in light years!

Stick to Facts ------ Facts don't Lie

:|

I agree - would even be happy to pay £5 per month subscription if it means the guys on here could spend more time giving support..... (so your £5 x 10,000 but monthly - not annually!)

The usual suspects that always help everyone could then agree within a consultive group which cases to take on - personally i'd rather the clued up guys used our sub's to take on the CRA's directly - like a much bigger version of UK26 vs Experian - as most have legal knowledge i'm sure with a years sub's paid by all the regulars that we'd get them in court!

A class action case against the CRA's for being one sided in that they try and worm out of their responsibilities by posting libellous data about people and always believing the OC. Even going as far to challenge the 6yr rule - there is no law that says data should remain for 6yrs, what with the europeans trying to get us to follow suit with a 3yr statute barred policy surely 3yrs is plenty time to have adverse data registered.... after all, no laws tell us that it has to remain for 6yrs - thats something they have decided - maybe we could change that?

I'm up for it - anyone want to start the ball rolling then £60 will be on it's way to CAG in light years!

thanks for that and i would match that!

the appeals that would be chosen would be the ones where we want to set precedents

and if won would be self financing since the costs would be recovered

over to the site team

IMO much better idea (worthy though it was) to get results than sending protest letters