Capital One - Clearing Default

carlit088
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

After recently checking my credit report through Experian, I have a default notice from Capital One from an old credit card. As far as I was aware the card was paid off and I've certainly never used it again. However I did note that the default amount is far higher than the actual credit card limit agreed.

I would just like to confirm my course of action to resolve this default notice. I'm currently looking at sending a SARN based on the information from reading through this forum and taking it from there. When sending the SARN letter do I need to enclose money for the service as suggested on the Banks template?

Hi there & welcome to CAG.

It may be worth checking with the other credit reference agencies (Equifax & Callcredit) as well as Experian. You'd think the information they all hold would be the same but it differs tremendously. You may even find that Crap1 have sold this debt to a debt collection agency who may or may not have made entries on one of your files (hence why checking out all three is useful)

The default balance you mentioned probably includes fees & penaltys.

As for the Subject Access Request fee, yes this needs to be included here too. A Section 78 (or s.78 as you'll see it written) request is cheaper than a full SAR (it's only £1). Although there is some discussion about how useful this route is, it's still popular with Caggers & Crap1 will have a shorter turn around time on it. From personal experience I'd thoroughly recommend reading threads from others who are further along the process to help inform you as move forward.

Good luck & keep us posted on your progress

"Evancosmo" is short for the evanescent cosmopolite.

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE :rolleyes:

1st Credit: CCA request sent

Cabot: failed to provide CCA - s.10 DPA letter sent

Capquest#1: failed to provide CCA - s.10 DPA letter sent

Capquest#2: failed to provide CCA - s.10 DPA letter sent

Abbey: on going

Equifax: "attributable data" CCJ removed - Aug 09