style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bailiffs work on the assumption that your everyday joe knows nothing about bailiff law. When writing to these people let them know that you know your rights and what can and cannot be charged, let them know you are in contact with the council and are in discussions with them with regards to illegal charges/levies etc that they have bestowed on you. And tell them you are prepared to take action against them via the courts if they dont resolve the matter correctly. Dont be afraid of these people because thats how they get their money by intimadation and lies.

Good luck, lots of people are here behind you 100% to help you out.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bailiffs work on the assumption that your everyday joe knows nothing about bailiff law. When writing to these people let them know that you know your rights and what can and cannot be charged, let them know you are in contact with the council and are in discussions with them with regards to illegal charges/levies etc that they have bestowed on you. And tell them you are prepared to take action against them via the courts if they dont resolve the matter correctly. Dont be afraid of these people because thats how they get their money by intimadation and lies.

Good luck, lots of people are here behind you 100% to help you out.

Thank you....................

I think I have just about covered everything in your post from saying that I have good contact with council to telling them I expect a full reply within the said 14 days and if not I will take them to court.

It gave me confidence to know that they were at least listening enough to realise I will not be messed with anymore...................will have to see how it unfolds.

Thank you....................

I think I have just about covered everything in your post from saying that I have good contact with council to telling them I expect a full reply within the said 14 days and if not I will take them to court.

It gave me confidence to know that they were at least listening enough to realise I will not be messed with anymore...................will have to see how it unfolds.

Your welcome, just dont get disheartened if you get knocked back, just keep fighting until they start to listen, I often think that these people especially in the council think its their money they are trying to bleed out of people. In my opinion bailiffs should not be used for council debts unless they are satisfied 100% that the debtor is unwilling to pay not that they cannot pay through hardship.

Ok, I recieved this letter from Equita today in reply to the two I sent them.

Although I have an idea of what to do next, I would appreciate any imput from on here please.

I write in response to your letter dated, etc .........

Pleased be advised that we currently hold five liability orders for you, all of which relate to unpaid Council Tax. Prior to our instructions you would have been issued the appropriate notices, which would have included a court summons for each debt, by the council. Details of such would need to be directed to them.

You have continued to recieve bailiff noticesnas there is currently no payment plan in existence. You are further at risk of our removals team becoming involved and calling at your property, which could incur further additional costs. I would like to stress however that under co circumstances would any employee of this company act in any illegal manner, and strictly adhere to the relevant guidelines.

I have arranged for seperate statements to be issued to you against each liabilty order and furthermore suspended all bailiff action until the 7 August to enable you to contact our office after receipt to put forward a suitable proposal.

Now...................when I wrote I told them that although they had stated a bailiff had 'noted' my belongings, I knew for a fact this is not so, and asked them to send me of a list of said item...............there is no mention of this in the letter.

Many of the questions I asked have not been answered.

Does anybody have advise??????

Thank you

I have arranged for seperate statements to be issued to you against each liabilty order and furthermore suspended all bailiff action until the 7 August to enable you to contact our office after receipt to put forward a suitable proposal

Wait until you get the breakdown of charges and see what it says then you will see if all charges added are lawful and take from there

bailiffs have a habit of only replying to what they want to answer

e-mail and ask why there has is no reply to your other questions

So you have been paying them each week without fail and they say no payment plan is in motion, I hope you have all records of your calls and payments to them because if you do then they have made a huge mistake. You need to ask them where your money is going and who the hell do you speak to when you call them to make payment. Sounds all very fishy to me, but thats no surprise

I have arranged for seperate statements to be issued to you against each liabilty order and furthermore suspended all bailiff action until the 7 August to enable you to contact our office after receipt to put forward a suitable proposal

Wait until you get the breakdown of charges and see what it says then you will see if all charges added are lawful and take from there

bailiffs have a habit of only replying to what they want to answer

e-mail and ask why there has is no reply to your other questions

Hi again,

Ok so I have received the breakdown of charges.................

However, upon close inspection it would appear that two of the original 5 'removal Notices' they sent me are related to two seperate unpaid council taxes going back 3 years that I have already made arrangements to pay and have been doing so for the last 6 months. They have even entered the regular amounts I have been paying with amount and date. Surely they can't send another removal notice for these, as they did???

On the remaining 3 they have done as I requested and told me the amounts, also adding their statutory fees of £24.50. Is this meant to be for the bailiff visit??? Because I know for a fact no bailifs have been here.

I am not disputing the amounts still owing on the other three as it has been clarified with the council. I guess I will have to make an arrangement with Equita as once again the council have refused to deal with my case or take it back.

I would appreciate some advise if possible.

However, upon close inspection it would appear that two of the original 5 'removal Notices' they sent me are related to two separate unpaid council taxes going back 3 years that I have already made arrangements to pay and have been doing so for the last 6 months. They have even entered the regular amounts I have been paying with amount and date. Surely they can't send another removal notice for these, as they did???

no they should not be sending removal notice for accounts that are being paid are these the account that have the levy fee added to them be careful they have not added van fees did they say anything about the levy on the goods that are not yours

On the remaining 3 they have done as I requested and told me the amounts, also adding their statutory fees of £24.50. Is this meant to be for the bailiff visit??? Because I know for a fact no bailiffs have been here.

yes this will be visit fees and it should have visit fee next to the charge and the date of the visit(they cant charge a visit fee for the 3 account on the same day ) there is no such thing as a statutory fee

write to the council and ask if you can pay £x for all 3 liability orders as you cant pay any more on top of what you are already paying

you will probably have to pay this to the bailiff(until you go see your M P and get him to try and get it sent back to the council) but the council can tell the bailiff that they will accept this amount

the council are not going to take the accounts back (it could be because of the number of liability orders they have ) and if the bailiff has not addressed the levy situation i would make an appointment to go and see your M P

Existing removal notices?? I will check and should I point this out to them in the letter. saying that I am already paying for these and why have they charged me again for the fees???

I am also going to ask for exact dates of 'so called visits' as I knwo there have not been any.

I have every intention of paying them what I owe, but that is exactly my point.............only what I owe.

Can you advise on anything else I should ask Equita in my letter??

Thank you