You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4020 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I'm looking for help and advice with an ongoing problem with Close Premium Finance part of Bank of Scotland.

My husband took out an insurance policy in June 2006 for public liability with Alexander Forbes Risk Services which was financed and administered by Close Premium Finance. It was for a year but three months in he closed down the business and cancelled the policy. All instalments to that date were paid. Shortly afterwards CPF contacted him demanding he pay the outstanding debt of about £3500. He thought the account was similar to car insurance finance and argued with them that he had paid up to date and didn't have any of thir money.

Since then they have taken him to court and was ordered to pay an amount far in excess of what he showed he could afford on the form. The bailiff came round and advised him to apply for a reduction of installments order which he did. That was almost 12 months ago and he heard nothing until a couple of months ago the letters started again demanding full payment which we cannot afford.

CPF have now got another 'Warrant of Execution' and we don't know what to do. Do we apply for another reduction of installments order or what? Does anyone know?

This is making him ill. He is working 60 hours a week to pay our mortgage and utilities as it is. I realise we have been niaive but this credit agreement is nuts it seems very unfair to demand money back which wasn't actually given to us.

Any ideas anyone? :confused:

Hi there, how did you apply for the reduction in installments? was it on an N245 form which you sent to the court?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Yes, the one where you have to write down all your income and expenditure.

and you sent it to the court, not the creditor? did you keep a copy?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Lelly did it say it wa covered by the consumer credit act 1974?

No , no copy though our circumstances will not be exactly the same, I'm not sure about consumer credit act it was just the form from County Court it doesn't mention it. The original form for the insurance had stuff about it though.

Oh sent it to the court.

Where did you send the N245 form?