You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

matt|H

Unpaid direct debits - confused!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3972 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Been searching trying to find an answer but nothing relevant has come up as of yet so...

I checked my bank account a few days ago to find "UNPAID DIRECT DEBIT .. NOT ENOUGH MONEY" but I don't understand it.

I've had a few DD's bounce in lately but the company (O2) returned it and then I paid these on another card to make sure they had the money to cover the bills.

Are these charges or have they just sent them again (in which case O2 have my money)?

Matt.

Edit - amounts are £35, £25, £25 and a £5 charge and £25 charge...

My bank is basically empty now and I NEED this money. Obviously I wasn't expecting it to be taken out :S

Matt, if you pay by card to O2 then make sure you cancel the Direct Debit to avoid o2 automatically representing it, which I assume they did do.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Matt, if you pay by card to O2 then make sure you cancel the Direct Debit to avoid o2 automatically representing it, which I assume they did do.

I would normally pay by DD but had to pay by card as I had no money in the account at the time.

I would normally pay by DD but had to pay by card as I had no money in the account at the time.

I'm assuming you didn't cancel the Direct Debit, right?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

I'm assuming you didn't cancel the Direct Debit, right?

No I didn't, I assumed that if they had the money then it wouldn't be requested from my again.

So do you think O2 have my money and my O2 account is in credit?

No I didn't, I assumed that if they had the money then it wouldn't be requested from my again.

So do you think O2 have my money and my O2 account is in credit?

No the bank have returned the payment unpaid. It would be worth checking with O2 if they have charged you because the Direct Debit was bounced/returned unpaid.

You need to start the process of reclaiming the charges back.

Damn, so I've got to claim it that's gonna take ages :(

£115 which I need right now. Grr.

Damn, so I've got to claim it that's gonna take ages :(

£115 which I need right now. Grr.

There is no bank error with regards to the way the payment was processed so yep it might take time.

If this was the first occasion then they might refund some of the charges as a gesture of goodwill.

Ok thank you. I will phone them asap and enquire.

Phoned them..

The two charges were returned instantly but the other things he said couldnt be found and to try again in a few days :s

Ok I'm still a little confused on this. It happened again (finances sorted now though!). The people in the call centre repeat the same things over and over and don't have a clue what I mean when I state the charges they're looking at are different.

The following appears in my bank statement (quite a few times) and they don't seem to be able to see this. Only the fee's show up, but what the hell is this?!

Picture7.png

(date, description, amount taken, current bank balance)

1. O2 try taking money which I don't have.

2. O2 refund the money and ask for it to be paid ASAP.

3. I pay it on another card - balance settled.

4. Abbey charge me for overdraft (understandable).

5. Abbey charge me "unpaid direct debit" not even equal to the amount it was (£35 in this case).

What is #5? Argh!!! Is it a charge? Are they resending the money to O2? Where has my money gone :s

Ok found out this is also a charge which means I'm being charged a monthly fee, a fixed fee and then the £35 is because the direct debit amount was over £30 or something like that. The branch said nothing they can do, speak to telephone banking but I hate phoning them.

Have already had a refund recently but going to try my best to get the extra £180 in charges back. Especially when I need £390 (+ spending money) for my first REAL holiday next month. :)

Edit - For the record I found this..

Requested = Charge

£0 to £9.99 = £5

£10 to £19.99 = £10

£20 to £29.99 = £25

£30+ = £35

In my case the phone bill was almost £40 so I got charged the £35 there and also £25 for going overdrawn. :(