Intrum Justitia-shove it! Thanks to the Caggers!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My story..had a Mastercard from Natwest which was passed on to I.J.

From all the knowledge gained on this site (and from help from various Caggers:)) I have had fun with these people who are in my opinion one of the worst DCAs ive ever had the misfortune to come across-although im reliably told that Lowells are worse;)!!

But its fantastic what a little knowledge can do. I dont get any telephone calls and any letters recieved with 'we are going to increase the amount you have to pay' are sharply met with 'yeah...right' and im left alone. All thanks to CAG!!! :D:);)

Im happy to pay the monthly amount off as it is small but id like to take things one step further so need just a little info. Im going to do a SAR but to who do i send it to Natwest or I.J? Im pretty sure i have alot of charges on this account so id like to get this off asap. Cheers! :)

You shouldnt be paying anything at all if it hasnt been authorised by a county court 1st.

Demand full refund for what youve paid already, then report them to the OFT.

Really? Im confused. I did not know this. I cannot recall any letters sent to me stating from ethier NW or IJ saying that this had been authorised. How can i find this info out? This is very interesting!:cool:

Its plain & simple really...if the whole thing wasnt authorised by a county court, then they will not have been legally entitled to a penny off you in the 1st place.

Any monies youve paid have just been as a result of threats etc..

There are laws against that type of thing last time i looked?

I would enquire to them about this & demand proof as to weather it had been to court or not.

If not..demand full refund & report them to all the authorities etc..

Hi, if you know you owe the debt and are happy to pay it off at what you can afford (CAG do not condone avoiding paying your debts) then you should carry on doing that. You can also start the process of reclaiming charges applied to the account which is where the SAR comes in as you should receive all information they hold on your account (including a copy of the original signed agreement).

If a DCA demands payment which is in excess of what you can afford they cannot force to you pay what they demand - the only way you can be forced to pay is if they were to take you to court and the judge orders you to pay (but the court will only order you to pay what you can afford). However, they would be very silly to take you to court when you are paying regularly so in reality they are just making empty threats in the hope that you increase your payments.

If you genuinely feel that the DCA's are behaving outside of the OFT guidelines then you should report them to Trading Standards in the first instance.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thanks Ell-enn. Will find out whats what first but will definately SAR Natwest then take it from there. My guess is that the money owed will be wiped out due to the amount of charges :D.

Up until recently i have always thought that when banks/DCAs tell you you have to pay what THEY say a week/month then that was it. Every time ive said i couldnt pay/increase the amounts ive then been threatened with the usual nonsense and caved in due to lack of knowledge :eek:..now i know better:).

If anything naughty does go on from here on in then TS will know about it asap:cool:

Edited by DDWales
spelling

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update.

I.J are keeping things sensible so no CCA going in as yet ;) Had a very strange phone call from them...basically telling me that my current repayments are fine and thats it-what a strange lot they are!! Knew that already!!!??? :rolleyes:

I also SAR'd Natwest last week with regards to this (recorded delivery of course) which is now up in Edinburgh with them so waiting for the response.

Will keep you updated as and when