Excel pcn for alleged 16 min overstay (on 3hrs free car park)

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4089 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi!

I had this notice from Excel today for allegedly overstaying for 16 mins in June on a three hours free car park.

I cannot find details of their appeals procedure on their website.

I have been reading a number of of posts and it seems that writing reasonably to the company is no good, some people advise ignoring the letters, some say to write that the driver should be approached by the company, not the keeper. Some of these posts are quite old, so legally the situation may have changed.

I would be grateful for any advice as to what is best to do now, I simply do not have the 60 pounds (going up to 100 if not paid within 14 days), they demand.

Thanks!

Hi there. Feel free to ignore. Nothing in law has changed. Dont bother trying to appeal. This process is worthless and youll get the standard rejection letter template. If you ignore them youll get a few threatograms from thier DCA but they will disappear after 4-5 letters

• Haha 1

If you believe that this post has helped in any way please click on the star to the left

DDWales Vs Barclaycard-*Won* http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/174860-ddwales-barclaycard.html

DDWales Vs Natwest-*Won*

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/210090-ddwales-natwest.html

-Reclaim the Right-

I cannot find details of their appeals procedure on their website.

There IS NO appeals procedure!

I have been reading a number of of posts and it seems that writing reasonably to the company is no good, some people advise ignoring the letters, some say to write that the driver should be approached by the company, not the keeper. Some of these posts are quite old, so legally the situation may have changed.
These monkeys don't understand "reasonable".

There are two possible courses. Totally IGNORE them, or start writing letters, as suggested in the "stickies" at the top of the page.

The end result will be the same in each case, but it will come to an end more quickly if you just IGNORE them.

Correspondence will only encourage them to write more and more threatening letters to you because they think that they have you worried.

The only letter that you must respond to is a court summons carrying an official court seal. In the unlikely event of you receiving that (about as much chance as winning the jackpot on the Euromillions), then we will show you how to successfully deal with it.

You will get two or three letters, each getting more threatening... IGNORE.

They will then pass it to the next desk to send you a Debt collection letter..... IGNORE.

It may, then, be passed back to the first desk to send you a "solicitor's" letter..... IGNORE.

Eventually they will give up and chase some other, more gullible mug!.

REMEMBER... This is NOT a fine, it is an unenforcible invoice that has no legal status whatsoever.

The advice that you have seen is still valid....... IGNORE.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....