eliza2705

Cheekiest letter yet from a DCA?!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4041 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Dear All

Looking for some advice...in March my hubby received an invoice from a company called Viva La Diva for £45. This was a surprise as we'd never heard of this company and had no idea what it was for. Hubbt rang them and apparently it's a catalogue. We have never ordered anything so wrote a letter requesting copy of signed credit agreement PLUS a statement of what was "purchased". We've been receiving in excess of 6 calls per day so I also sent a letter found on this site re telephone harassment. ]

No reply from the catalogue company, however, we today received a letter from a dca called "Reliable Collections":

(Can't scan letter so will type it)

Dear Sir

Your conduct in this matter is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

Our client has delivered goods to your address in good faith and little effort has been made to pay them.

Payment must be made within 48 hours to prevent further action.

Yours etc

What a beepin cheek! NOTHING has been delivered to our address and they have ignored request for CCA. What do I do next?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

kind regards

eliza

I always love that bit..."Your conduct in this matter is unacceptable & will not be tolerated" :D

Anyway - simply standard threatogram nonsense not worth the paper its printed on.

Use as chip paper if required.

Report them to the OFT/TS if you wish.

write back and tell them that you'll take them to court for harrassment for a non existent debt

send them this; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt Also it would be wise to check your credit file to ensure they have not added a default. :rolleyes:

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Oh dear, not another DCA with delusions of grandeur :rolleyes:

Report the to TS and the OFT. Your MP might need a laugh too :D

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Thank you for your responses. I will send the letter suggested.

I suppose we have to just laugh at the tactics these dca's use but I can see how these things would wear a person down :(

Thanks again

Eliza

If you want to deflate their ego anymore copy them in on your complaints :D

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

I always love that bit..."Your conduct in this matter is unacceptable & will not be tolerated" :D

I know-that's a corker

Edit

Edited by saintly_1
Inappropriate comment

Lickthewallfatboy..exactly! Who DO they think they are?! I may well have a bit of fun with this one ;) Who'd want to be a debt collector? Seems to me you need specific qualifications for that job - stupidity and a very thick skin. I'll keep you posted.

I know-that's a corker

Edit

Probably

DG:D

Edited by saintly_1
Quoted a post that has been edited

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

How can a negative action (as in ignoring their letters) be classed as unacceptable conduct?

My response would be - when your command of the written English Language improves, then there may be some 'conduct' of mine to which you can apply your superlatives!!

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

They are all just up their own ar*es in terms of how significant & full of authority they think they have :rolleyes:

How can a negative action (as in ignoring their letters) be classed as unacceptable conduct?

My response would be - when your command of the written English Language improves, then there may be some 'conduct' of mine to which you can apply your superlatives!!

unacceptable to them as you have wasted their postage cost,and not shot to the phone with your cc:lol:

my sis had a even better one."your deliberate avoidance of this matter will no longer be TOLORATED (actual spelling):eek:from robbersway.

funny that they are still TOLORATING IT,2 yrs later:D

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

lol..lol..thank you all for your replies. Glad I'm not alone here :)

Harassed Senior..my thoughts exactly and I shall be using those words in my reply to them.

Muppets..all of them..and that's me being polite ;)

Eliza

Just one question though..what's the "TS"? (sorry to be thick)

Cagbot is in a strange mood tonight :(

did not like the pic:lol:

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile: