Cheekiest letter yet from a DCA?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All

Looking for some advice...in March my hubby received an invoice from a company called Viva La Diva for £45. This was a surprise as we'd never heard of this company and had no idea what it was for. Hubbt rang them and apparently it's a catalogue. We have never ordered anything so wrote a letter requesting copy of signed credit agreement PLUS a statement of what was "purchased". We've been receiving in excess of 6 calls per day so I also sent a letter found on this site re telephone harassment. ]

No reply from the catalogue company, however, we today received a letter from a dca called "Reliable Collections":

(Can't scan letter so will type it)

Dear Sir

Your conduct in this matter is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

Our client has delivered goods to your address in good faith and little effort has been made to pay them.

Payment must be made within 48 hours to prevent further action.

Yours etc

What a beepin cheek! NOTHING has been delivered to our address and they have ignored request for CCA. What do I do next?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

kind regards

eliza

I always love that bit..."Your conduct in this matter is unacceptable & will not be tolerated" :D

Anyway - simply standard threatogram nonsense not worth the paper its printed on.

Use as chip paper if required.

Report them to the OFT/TS if you wish.

Thank you for your responses. I will send the letter suggested.

I suppose we have to just laugh at the tactics these dca's use but I can see how these things would wear a person down :(

Thanks again

Eliza

Lickthewallfatboy..exactly! Who DO they think they are?! I may well have a bit of fun with this one ;) Who'd want to be a debt collector? Seems to me you need specific qualifications for that job - stupidity and a very thick skin. I'll keep you posted.

I know-that's a corker

Edit

Probably

DG:D

Edited by saintly_1
Quoted a post that has been edited

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

How can a negative action (as in ignoring their letters) be classed as unacceptable conduct?

My response would be - when your command of the written English Language improves, then there may be some 'conduct' of mine to which you can apply your superlatives!!

How can a negative action (as in ignoring their letters) be classed as unacceptable conduct?

My response would be - when your command of the written English Language improves, then there may be some 'conduct' of mine to which you can apply your superlatives!!

unacceptable to them as you have wasted their postage cost,and not shot to the phone with your cc:lol:

my sis had a even better one."your deliberate avoidance of this matter will no longer be TOLORATED (actual spelling):eek:from robbersway.

funny that they are still TOLORATING IT,2 yrs later:D

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

lol..lol..thank you all for your replies. Glad I'm not alone here :)

Harassed Senior..my thoughts exactly and I shall be using those words in my reply to them.

Muppets..all of them..and that's me being polite ;)

Eliza