You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Well, you've highlighted the problem yourself, whatever you decide will carry some risk.   However, I would think the risk of a default judgement & CCJ is to be avoided at all costs and the least worse thing would be to write them a two-line letter with their reference number and your new address.   As usual, any details you can give us on the forum sticky would be useful for the future      
    • That the value I paid for.. 250..  The cctv footage it's archived. 2 of them.. 
    • No copy of signature.. Just a name "jolly"... On tracking no proof of signature 
    • Thanks for the message that is what I thought. In the mean time they have sent another message, below, I can’t follow up with Amazon until 48 hours. But I will go armed.    “Your return period is 30 days with ourselves and then you are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.”    
    • OK, I found the letter I was looking for:     Dear Sir/Madam,   Reference: [order number]   On [date], I placed an order for a [item] and it was delivered by you on [date].   I have discovered that the [item] has the following problem: [give details].   The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.    Any returns policy that says I have to cover the cost of returning items must only relate to the situation where I change my mind about the item ordered and not where there is a problem with the item.    I should not lose out financially as a result of your breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by you.    I also require you to confirm you will arrange for [the item] to be collected.   I look forward to hearing from you.   Yours faithfully, [Your name]
  • Our picks

• Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
Dazo

Partial Settlements

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4022 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Apologies if this has been covered before but can some tell me what impact partial settlements will have on you credit file/score etc. I am in the process of trying to get final settlements with our credit cards and I know they are going to come back and say they can only mark it down as a partial settlement.

Your credit file wil be marked as 'satisfied' with a special flag to show that you have made a partial settlement, in my opinion that's as bad as having a default because it tells creditors that it has not been fully paid. :rolleyes:

When making a settlement it is always worth trying to negotiate that any adverse information is removed from your file, but that would all depend whether you had some leverage such as an unenforceable agreement.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Your credit file wil be marked as 'satisfied' with a special flag to show that you have made a partial settlement, in my opinion that's as bad as having a default because it tells creditors that it has not been fully paid. :rolleyes:

When making a settlement it is always worth trying to negotiate that any adverse information is removed from your file, but that would all depend whether you had some leverage such as an unenforceable agreement.

Hi cerberusalert thanks for the rely, that's pretty much what I suspected. Trying to way up pro's and cons of accepting a partial settlement flag on my credit file. Obviously getting the credit card companies off my back being the major pro.

It depends how old they are, don't forget if your file has a default(s) on they do drop off naturally six years from the default date along with everything else associated with it/them afterwards.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It depends how old they are, don't forget if your file has a default(s) on they do drop off naturally six years from the default date along with everything else associated with it/them afterwards.

No default as yet and we have only being making reduced payments for a short while. However even on reduced payments we really need to get our outgoings down. My wife's family have basically offered us enough to pay off about 50% of our debt. So we are not sure on whether to over all the creditors a settlement whereby we will have no unsecured debt or whether to pay off all the credit cards in full and work our way through the rest.

How much damage is done to a credit rating when you have been on reduced payments but paid the balance off in full ?

How much damage is done to a credit rating when you have been on reduced payments but paid the balance off in full ?

There shouldn't be any damage if there have been no defaults entered & it will be marked satisfied.

It depends on your circumstances as to which way to go, but in my opinion it would be better to clear those where you are paying the most interest and then start concentrating on the others getting rid one by one.

Have you paid a lot of charges on any of these a/cs? If you have you could send them a SAR to see what unfair charges have been added which you can reclaim thus reducing the overall amount due.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There shouldn't be any damage if there have been no defaults entered & it will be marked satisfied.

It depends on your circumstances as to which way to go, but in my opinion it would be better to clear those where you are paying the most interest and then start concentrating on the others getting rid one by one.

Have you paid a lot of charges on any of these a/cs? If you have you could send them a SAR to see what unfair charges have been added which you can reclaim thus reducing the overall amount due.

Will the credit file not show I was on reduced payments or does this disappear when the debt is satisfied ?

I agree with your thoughts on paying the highest interest debts first. I will have paid some charges on those cards but to be honest I am not sure how much that would have been. 2 of the creditors have been extremely helpful during our struggle so I was not even going to bother with claiming the charges back and just pay them off. However it may well be a few hundred pounds and at these times every penny counts. The other credit card is with MBNA and to be honest the thought of paying these guys a penny really sticks in my throat. They have been as unhelpful as humanly possible.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think I may go down the SAR route and see what I am due.

Edited by Dazo

Your credit file should just be marked settled.

There is nothing to prevent you from paying them off & then sending a SAR to determine what charges you can reclaim as long as it's within six years.

MBNA are typical a 'merkins', they have the philosophy that UK law doesn't apply to them & they will be the most difficult to deal with. Also they wouldn't think twice about defaulting you if you start standing up to them. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Many thanks again cerberusalert.

Does anyone have the correct address for a SAR to MBNA ?

Edited by Dazo

If you ask on the MBNA forum someone will be able to help; MBNA - The Consumer Forums

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]