Abbey complaints dept

stardust_john
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About three months ago I put a detailed complaint into them for the way I was being treat and their manner of the way they sold their products to me.

They seemed to be taking it seriously and said they were concerned and sent me my cca request, but I informed them it came incomplete as in only sent signed doc about confirming no insurance required and direct debit signed mandate. No contract at all or terms and conditions which could be read, tiny tiny blurred print, unreadable.

Any how a while later received apology over time taken for response and told still dealing with it. I rang customer services to say happy to wait, but could they send readable cca and then was subjected to ranting rep who became abusive and personal (recorded call).

I decided to await response and again nowt came and then since Ive had two sorry taking so long need another four weeks etc and yet no readable cca. The last letter said if I wasnt happy I could complain to the fos about time taken.

I decided to stop token payment due to lack of response to wanting readable cca and be patient, thought they would get on with it if I stopped money.

Still no reply and all of a sudden statements have started comming again showing zero paid in for month.

Do they want to sort it out, or is this typical of abbey customer complaints?

Edited by stardust_john
no contract at all added

I would complain if you haven't about the member of staff who dealt with you and was abusive(I assume you have but it is a separate issue and if they have got personal and/or sworn then a bit of compo might be worth asking for).

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

I havnt yet, I might just do that your bank. He was aware I was recording him and I even said he might like to let his supervisor listen to the call once finsihed at what he had said. He got personal and abusive and I said you are obviously having a bad day and shoud not answer calls to people. He was rude over me needing a correct cca. When I said even the item I did have, terms and conditions were printed blurred and micro micro and the ink was dragged down the page, he advised me to get glasses and a magnifying glass.:mad:

I have an eye conditon but this was simply not needed to be thrrown at me as I said no one even with good site would be able to read it, I know I asked a friend.

Edited by stardust_john

Ok, you need to make a formal complaint on the issue and give them a transcript of the call because you have the date and time. You shouldn't be spoken to in that manner.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Must admit he left me crying with frustration:mad:. He did swear and insisted I was just winding him up, however I will complain as he will probably speak to others in same manner if I dont. Will update. Seems nowadays to protect a person needs to become their own big brother.