Sould garages do repairs and or just MOTs.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All.

Thought i start this thread,

i had a bad expiriance with a garage that does MOTs and repairs,

i put my car in for a mot and they said it failed on a cat because the lamda settings to high,

not the Co2 so i thought a bit fishy i said how much to fix it the garage said about 200 pound,

so i said ok i will think about it.

so i took it to get another opinion and that was again a different story this guy said its the lamda plug,

or a leak to the exhaust ok i said check it out to wich they did it was a leaky exhaust 17 pound repair,

not 200. so i took back and said what you playing at you said it was the cat.

so i said im not paying another mot fee, did no what to say but it passed ok.

my point is if a garage cannot do MOT and REPAIRS just 1 or the other.

share your dealings with these COWBOYS.

and do you agree with what i mean.

Regards Like-Im-Being-Ripped-Off:lol:

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

Hang on, you had an MOT and the car failed, the garage quoted you £200 and you took the car off the forecourt and someone else said it was something else and so you told the original garage and said you wouldn't pay for a new MOT.

Did the Garage do a new MOT even though the car had been taken away from them during the period of the failed MOT and you thinking about the repairs?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Hang on, you had an MOT and the car failed, the garage quoted you £200 and you took the car off the forecourt and someone else said it was something else and so you told the original garage and said you wouldn't pay for a new MOT.

Did the Garage do a new MOT even though the car had been taken away from them during the period of the failed MOT and you thinking about the repairs?

Correct i took the car away for about 2 days, and i demanded a retest and got it and did not pay another penny either.:-) i had 2 emission tests with the fault and 1 when the work was done, the first 2 emissions read two different readings aswell. and reported to VOSA.

Edited by Like-Im-Being-Ripped-Off

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

Correct i took the car away, and i demanded a retest and got it and did not pay another penny either.:-)

Did it pass? :D

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Did it pass? :D

Of course it passed :lol: