style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey there - in need of some advice.

I am 22 and currently unemployed (have been for the past 6 months, never been this long unemployed before I hate it. Not on benefits by choice)

I owed around 1000 quid in unpaid university fees so the university decided to pass it on to the courts and now I owe around 1600 including the fees.

Today I got a visit from someone telling me that if I didn't come to some sort of arrangement within 5 days, the bailiffs will come to this property and take away my goods.

The thing is, although the debt is registered here... I have no material possesions other than the clothes on my back and maybe an electric tooth brush. Everything belongs to my boyfriend, and I only moved in 6 months ago.

I am scared they will take his stuff away but he assures me that they can't as it's his property. I'm really worried and losing sleep over this... the bloke said today that they could take whatever and I would have to dispute it later if it didn't belong to me...:confused:

would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this...

cheers

dont let them in and lock your windows when you are out the only way for them to get in is if you let them and then they have the right to come back when they want.you need to to let them know you are on benifits and you can only afford a few £s per week then you have agreed to pay them something if they refuse that then you need to go back to the court that it was heard at and ask for it to be put back in front of district judge for means testing but let the bailiff know what you are going to do when you make your offer as it is up to the judgment creditor so make them very aware that you are on JSA.and you will take it back to court if they dont take your offer and it wont cost you to do this.

hope this helps