Welcome finance gave me a ccj ***WON*** plus Costs & CCJ set aside..'

smiffer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Brief outline on this one.

I bought a car on finance from welcome finance back in 2002,i had it for about a year and then i was struggling with the payments,they were £160 a month,i rang my local office and i went in and they said they could lower the payments fo me,they done this by doing the loan again,they dropped them to £92 a month,they said they would add the remainder of the other loan i had to the new one,which was about £2000,i went away happy.After 5 years i finished paying for it in 2006.again i was happy.

This year i recieved a letter saying i still had an outstanding balance of £2000 with them,i in my stupidity ignored it,thinking i had paid it all off.In june i got a letter to say i had been given a county court judgment from northampton court,and i also now have an attatchment of earnings taking £20 a week.I visited my local welcome finance office,and the guy i spoke to said "it was from 2002"now this was when i dropped the payments.i thought they had added it to the other loan,and as i had paid that one off,i thought i was finished but according to them i havent and i need to pay them the £2000 or so to.

Is this right??does this mean they kept the other loan open??

I am at a loss,not sure what to do.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I would send a SAR to Welcome and a CA request to see exactly what they have done.. but I understand that Welcome are having problems at the moment so I don't know where that will leave you.:confused:

Spam.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

How do i go about sending a subject access request?There is a template letter in the forum, I will try and find it for you. You basically send the letter with a £10 postal order and request all the information they hold on you under the Data Protection Act.and what is a CA request?? A CA Request is a Credit agreement request which is when you ask for a copy of your Credit agreement(s)what did u mean that welcome are having problems??financial trouble,is this why they are chasing me for this It would appear that they are goting 'bust' but I am not completely up on the subject, Others on the forum may be.

I hope this has helped. I'll find the Templates and post them for you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca

this one for SAR,should contain your cca,no need to request separate,

would send to compliance,

SAM

Thanks for finding that Sam I couldn't remember where it was.:rolleyes:

I agree that they should send CA in SAR but I didn't know if it was worth a CA request as it's a shorter time limit to produce.:cool:

Good luck smiffer, and it might be worth looking in the Welcome Finance forum to see the state of play with regards to their possible demise.:lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

they will try anything to get what they can now,before they sink:D

would get moved to welcome forum

get postggi to take a look.

send SAR to

welcome finance

ruddington fields business park

mere way

nottingham

ng11 6nz

SAM

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca

this one for SAR,should contain your cca,no need to request separate,

would send to compliance,

SAM

I would advocate requesting your sec 77/78 request seperately and recorded delivery enclosing a £1.00 PO and print your name no signiture.This places the Claimant under time restiction of 12+2 and places them in default of your request quicker than the S.A.R which they will probally ignore.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

andyorch

i think a cca would be no good on this one as a ccj has been granted.

welcomes response would be that they are under no obligation to provide one now the account has been terminated by a ccj

an sar is a different matter

they have to, by law, respond

andyorch

i think a cca would be no good on this one as a ccj has been granted.

welcomes response would be that they are under no obligation to provide one now the account has been terminated by a ccj

an sar is a different matter

they have to, by law, respond

Ok lets see if they provide it within the S.A.R? Bet you they dont.

How many threads on here postggi are S.A.Rs complied with??

In any event im sure the OP is looking to have this CCJ set a side to be able to re defend it and the above request is how I would initiate it.

Regards

Andy

Edited by Andyorch

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

postggj

Regarding the questions u asked

Yes the solicitor was a Mr cohen from west yorkshire.

as for the attachment of earnings,i am not sure where it came from as i can't find the paperwork,i could ask the guy at work who does our wages,would he know??

What do you think i should send them?? a cca or the other one,i am not that good with legal stuff so i really have no idea.

i believe i did sign a new agreement,so have i re-wrote the loan,and what does that mean for me?they said they would add the outstanding from the other one,to the new one,i'm sure thats what they said,but it was in 2002 7 years back,and i cant find any of my agreements,i know i have kept them,just not sure where (DOH)

andyorch "is looking to have this CCJ set a side to be able to re defend it".Yeah this would be what i would like to do.

Is there anyway i can get a copy of the agreements i have made with them??

Is this the welcome finance forum

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/search.php?searchid=2570607

i done a search and thats what i got?Oh big thanks to you people for trying to help me,much appreciated.

you need to send welcome an sar to compliance

welcome financial services

compliance

ruddington fields biz park

ruddington

nottingham

ng11 6nz

send recorded delievery

enclose ten quid postel order

print dont sign your name

we will get this ccj set asside if its the last thing i do as its cohen again

cretin

who do i make the postal order out to??or do i leave it blank.

do i use what sam posted in an earlier reply to this thread.this one

do i just print it,and put my name on the bottom? sorry to ask to many questions but i really am not sure .

Smiffer

I would request both then you have all bases covered,Only costs a £1.00 PO.Leave the PO blank just retain your reciepts and proof of postage.They will not comply fully with the S.A.R but if they ignore yout CCA sec 77/78 request they know the law and would look excellent in your Defence should you succeed in setting a side.

Regards

Andy

Hi Smiffer,

Just to add my little bit. This is the Welcome finance forum.

Welcome Finance - The Consumer Forums

I must admit I agree with Andy and I think if you can afford it both requests is the best idea... I know for the likes of Barclaycard, that they don't think a SAR includes sending a Credit agreement so a separate request under a different act is always worth a shot.

Spam. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok so i am sending

an S.A.R request and a CCA? and am i right to just print the S.A.R and put my name at the bottom,and make the postal order out to welcome financial services??

What do i print for the CCA? and i leave the postal order for £1.00 blank?

do i send both of these to the address that postggj put in his last post here?

sorry to ask again,but i want to get it right.

I spoke to the guy at work who does the wages today,and he said the money is being paid to the court,and then it is forwarded to welcome finance,if thats any help?i am still trying to find my agreement/s as well but am not having any luck.

Edited by smiffer

Hiya,

What do i print for the CCA?

It's post number 15 in here. If you click the link it should take you straight there.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html#post162367

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]