You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

BigCharlboy

Nationwide - unbelievable

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4011 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Well how's this one for bank charges. I seem to be unlucky at the moment.

The other day I got a statement out of the blue stating that I was going to be charged £250 of charges going back to November last year!! They'd charged £30 a month for a standing order that hadn't been paid. When I finally got to the bottom of it here's what happened.

When I opened a bank account with Nationwide, (cos I'd had enough of RBS), they opened two current accounts which I wasn't aware of. My main current account which is fine had all my DD's etc going out no problem. However, one rogue DD was set up on the other account they had opened which obviously had no money in it, hence me being charged every month. To make matters worse, they sent all the letters regarding the charges to my "old" address so I wasn't aware of it. Finally, they must have realised and sent £250 statement to my new address, saying charges were coming out of my bank account in 28 days. How bad is that!

Phoned them and wrote to them, guess they said no tough still got to pay, even though this isn't my fault.

I'm fuming, I literally have steam coming out of my ears. I've had such a bad experience with RBS now Nationwide.

What can I do to get these charges refunded, I can't afford it? I'm about to do an IVA and have been told that I can include my overdraft with Nationwide in the arrangement, as these charges will go into my overdraft.

Can't believe they didn't even listen, the letter they wrote was shocking, didn't acknowledge they had the wrong address or anything, it was just a standard letter.

Any help would be much appreciated, I've have numerous battles going on at the moment.

If the address was not changed and your other account was then I would argue with them on bank error, ie that your address was incorrect in spite of being told the new one.

EDIT: that is on the majority of the £250(and with a bit of compo on top for time and inconvenience I would make the total equal the amount due out ;) )

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Well how's this one for bank charges. I seem to be unlucky at the moment.

The other day I got a statement out of the blue stating that I was going to be charged £250 of charges going back to November last year!! They'd charged £30 a month for a standing order that hadn't been paid. When I finally got to the bottom of it here's what happened.

When I opened a bank account with Nationwide, (cos I'd had enough of RBS), they opened two current accounts which I wasn't aware of. My main current account which is fine had all my DD's etc going out no problem. However, one rogue DD was set up on the other account they had opened which obviously had no money in it, hence me being charged every month. To make matters worse, they sent all the letters regarding the charges to my "old" address so I wasn't aware of it. Finally, they must have realised and sent £250 statement to my new address, saying charges were coming out of my bank account in 28 days. How bad is that!

Phoned them and wrote to them, guess they said no tough still got to pay, even though this isn't my fault.

I'm fuming, I literally have steam coming out of my ears. I've had such a bad experience with RBS now Nationwide.

What can I do to get these charges refunded, I can't afford it? I'm about to do an IVA and have been told that I can include my overdraft with Nationwide in the arrangement, as these charges will go into my overdraft.

Can't believe they didn't even listen, the letter they wrote was shocking, didn't acknowledge they had the wrong address or anything, it was just a standard letter.

Any help would be much appreciated, I've have numerous battles going on at the moment.

e mail this story to tony hetherington at the mail on sunday- he likes this kind of story and gets good results- it fits nicely into his column