• Tweets

• Better version attached with the late appeal explained more clearly for the judge. This will sound silly, but I think it would be a good idea to e-mail it to the court and UKPC on Sunday.  It's probably me being daft, but Sunday is still March, and as it's late, sending it in March rather than April will make it sound like it was less late than it really is.  if you get my drift. You can still pop in a paper version on Tuesday if you want. E-mail address for the court: [email protected] And for UKPC: [email protected]   [email protected] Defendant WS.pdf
    • Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

can I get this written off?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I took a bank loan from barclys with payment protection 10 + years ago. The amount, I believe, was £2400.

I HAVE been paying this back in installments over the years allbeit small.

Currently unemployed, currently injured (traffic accident), currently in hardship and most frustratingly currently qualified but unable to work (recession and bad back).

Now I am reading posts suggesting that I can get this written off. Can someone, who can help a donk out, please outline the process for me to get the ball rolling?

I very much appreciate any help...and thanks for viewing.

Backpainz ..with love x

To be honest i cannot remember the details of the actual loan agreement. I literally walked into the bank and left soon afterwards after accepting the loan. Happy as Larry!

It has since been passed to Lowells group, who I have been paying installments but recently stopped the direct debit due to finace issues. I am borrowing from Peter to pay Paul.

Is there a way out for me? Can I request the agreement from Lowells or something like that?

Appreciate the help thx...

hi. absolutley cca lowlifes.do you need a link for that?

are lowells pushing,due to DD been cancelled.

have you made sure with your bank that lowell CAN NOT RE INSTATE?

did you question lowell at all?

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

thanks guys n gals

A link would be great if possible.

Lowell is not pushing hard yet, one phonecall and a letter but I wish to be prepared.

And no I have not questioned Lowell. I set up a small repayment (£20 month) and stuck my head in the sand :(. Thanks to this forum I have decided to pull it out!!

Kind regard

Cheers Sam, That looks like it will help greatly.

If it is the case that they cannot provide the agreement, what happens then?

Also re:the letter to Lowells:p

Apart from the obvious i.e. name, address etc. do I need to amend other parts of the form.

Play it again sam...:rolleyes:

just make sure to print name,dont sign.

really dont think they will produce after 10 years:D

predict the usual for you.

they sign for your letter,then write saying that they have asked OC to retrieve from archives,they will try their best to do this within the prescribed time scale.

after the 12+2 you send another template if they have failed to supply.

once they recieve that it will either be.

A.the lie that they have a further 30 days from ms swallow.

B.wonderfull f&f offer to ammicably resolve.

C.case closed untill which time that they obtain,and then will require full amount.usually followed by more threats/begging letters from them or red or hamptons.

which are put down to errors.

if they do this you complain to OFT/TS.

also poss that they sell it on.should not when its in dispute.but they sometimes do it.

send it any see what they come back with.

will say again.make sure that they cannot re instate your DD.

• Haha 1

Hi

You may be able to get a hardship benefit from the job centre with you being out of work and injured. You may also be entitled to income support. Take a look at www.entitledto.co.uk to see what you are entitled to in order to raise your surplus. There is the debt relief order where if you have under £15K debt, and under £50 surplus, your debt could be written off. Take a look at the following link: Commonly Asked Debt Relief Order DRO Questions | UK Debt Relief Order, Debt Relief Orders UK

• 2 weeks later...

woohoo!

Sent letter to provide statement on 17th. A little anxious I must admit...

Received conformation that records are unobtainable and therefore Lowells:p cannot pursue anymore..account closed.

Of course I couldn't have done it without the help of these guys and for that I am very greatful. Thankyou Sam

Anyone else in a similar situation should probably take the bull by the horns and get this sorted.

If you let them kick you they will keep kicking.

Take care all. If I can help, drop me a line.

Much love

backpainz

Great result!

Just as a caution, though, are you sure the matter is definitely closed, and not just passed back to Barclays?

Hi wig and thanks for your input too, much appreciated.

I will quote the letter

"We refer to your recent request for a copy of your executed agreement under Section 77(1) and/ or 78(1) of the consumer credit act 1974.

We have now been advised that due to the nature of our client's archiving process they are unable to provide information relating to this account.

The account has today been closed and we can confirm no further action will be taken by us with regards to this letter.

We hope that the above course of action meets with your approval and we apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Let us hope that these money grabbers can grab no more.

Peace and love

backpainz...also Lowell detester too:p

Hi again

Just a thought (because I really hate lowells now) and I want to know if I can kick them back.

I wish to know if they have unlawfully been taking my cash and if there is anything I can do to reclaim? Probably not but thought it was worth asking.

backpainz

lowell detester too :p

Hi sam.

I have receicved a follow up letter stating that the account is now on hold.

My letter of request was sent on the 17th july. I am soon sending follow on letter in regard to the 12+2 days.

Am I to assume this is normal from them ?

Cheers backpainz

L:pD2

Hi sam.

I have receicved a follow up letter stating that the account is now on hold.

untill such time that they locate it,and then they want full amount?already told you this once,must be stressed:D

My letter of request was sent on the 17th july. I am soon sending follow on letter in regard to the 12+2 days.

yes get it off,

Am I to assume this is normal from them ?

very:lol:either a once in a lifetime offer by return of post.

or ms swallow or her new trainee ms barnard will try the "we have a furher 30 days"

Cheers backpainz

L:pD2

hi. absolutley cca lowlifes.do you need a link for that?

are lowells pushing,due to DD been cancelled.

have you made sure with your bank that lowell CAN NOT RE INSTATE?

did you question lowell at all?

Hi Sam,

Sorry to butt in but i am new to this website and not sure how to put up my own problem in order to get some advice. I happened to stumble accross your reply and thought you seem like you know what you are talking about.

I have a problem with a loan from Provident. I had 2 original loans with them for approximately £400 each which i struggled to pay and kept falling behind. The area manager then turned up on my door and suggested she had the solution to my problem, to put both agreements together on a new loan so that i could pay a lesser amount over a longer period of time, as i was desperate for a solution i agreed and signed on the dotted line. I have now since been struggling to pay this each week and have again fallen behind. I have been looking at the new agreement to see if there is any way of trying to find a way out of it. I had read somewhere on here (but i cant find it now) that the procedure is that someone from Provident would have to have discussed the new proposal 24 hours before getting me to sign for it, which they didnt. Also on the agreement (CCA) there is nothing wrote on the boxes 'Total charge for credit' or 'Rate of interest'. Just wondered if there is anything i can do about this? Any help or suggestion would be most welcome as i am stressed out about this and afraid to answer my phone as they keep ringing and the area manager has been round again although i was at work.

Sorry again for butting in but like i said, i dont know where to post my own message.

Liz

Hi Sam,

Sorry to butt in but i am new to this website and not sure how to put up my own problem in order to get some advice. I happened to stumble accross your reply and thought you seem like you know what you are talking about.

I have a problem with a loan from Provident. I had 2 original loans with them for approximately £400 each which i struggled to pay and kept falling behind. The area manager then turned up on my door and suggested she had the solution to my problem, to put both agreements together on a new loan so that i could pay a lesser amount over a longer period of time, as i was desperate for a solution i agreed and signed on the dotted line. I have now since been struggling to pay this each week and have again fallen behind. I have been looking at the new agreement to see if there is any way of trying to find a way out of it. I had read somewhere on here (but i cant find it now) that the procedure is that someone from Provident would have to have discussed the new proposal 24 hours before getting me to sign for it, which they didnt. Also on the agreement (CCA) there is nothing wrote on the boxes 'Total charge for credit' or 'Rate of interest'. Just wondered if there is anything i can do about this? Any help or suggestion would be most welcome as i am stressed out about this and afraid to answer my phone as they keep ringing and the area manager has been round again although i was at work.

Sorry again for butting in but like i said, i dont know where to post my own message.

Liz

HI.:)

have answered your PM.

SAM

Great result!

Just as a caution, though, are you sure the matter is definitely closed, and not just passed back to Barclays?

great results

Just a thought . . . is it possible that even if they close this you can still try for ppi refund?

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU AT ALL PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TIP MY SCALES.

NATWEST PPI SUCCESS £490 25/08/09

NATWEST PPI 2nd CLAIM WON £1135 02/10/09

A & L PPI £395 WON

CREATION CLAIM PARTIAL REFUND £1825 01/04/10 NOW OFF TO FOS FOR THE REST

BARCLAYCARD STILL PENDING

LITTLEWOODS DCA . DEBT WIPED OUT AND CREDIT FILE UPDATED 23/09/09