You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Archway

Equifax Conversation today

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4016 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Had an interesting "conversation" with this lot today.

I wanted to check if they actually checked the information they received and then sold on?

They said they didn't and that they took the suppliers of the information at their word.

To say I went ballistic is an understatement. I asked how they can do that and did they realise how the wrong info can screw peoples lives up.

In my case, I almost couldn't get a mortgage because of a malicious default of around £40-00 added to my account.

He told me that the bottom line was that Equifax are a "Library", nothing more. Jings the audacity of these people.

I'm seriously considering writing to my multi millionaire MP about this, but it's just been revealed that he has been "creative" with his expenses.

Who can I/we turn to???

Archway

You're lucky you managed to catch this bunch on the phone. I've been trying all day without success. Have emailed them twice without the courtesy of a response. Have fired off a strongly-worded letter to them today.

My beef is who they allow to credit search me (DCAs etc) without my permission & without ascertaining that there is a legitimate reason to do so. But it's back to the old problem in that CRAs are largely unregulated & have no code of conduct.

It's amazing, isn't it, they charge us for access to our records, then charge companies for access to our records, and then sell the data on to further line their pockets! Oh, they deny this, of-course, but it's strange how today I had a letter from AktivKapital requesting that I contact them. Not heard from them in years until I took out a paid subscription to Experian & Equifax. Coincidence? I think not!