You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

LauraE

Stat Demand following CCJ (1st Credit)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4017 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all - newbie here.

I've read through a good few threads about Statutory Demands, but I can't find any case similar to my own. In my case, I have a CCJ just recently issued against me and, a few days later, I was served with a Statutory Demand (this was sent Recorded Delivery, and I signed for it).

The original debt was on a Barclaycard and it has been referred to 1st Credit.

I don't dispute that I owe some money, but it's the amount of the debt which I dispute. The original debt to Barclaycard was around £1400, but the amount of the CCJ is £2900. I don't understand how the debt can have literally doubled.

I am willing to pay in instalments, but would like to challenge the total amount owed. Does anyone know how I go about this, whilst at the same time starting to make some form of payment towards what I do owe? I'm frightened that if I don't contact them soon they will petition for bankruptcy and I'm a sole parent with two young children to care for, and probably currently in negative equity. This has had me worried sick :(

do you have a ccj or just a claim form

It's a CCJ.

Hi all - newbie here.

I've read through a good few threads about Statutory Demands, but I can't find any case similar to my own. In my case, I have a CCJ just recently issued against me and, a few days later, I was served with a Statutory Demand (this was sent Recorded Delivery, and I signed for it).

The original debt was on a Barclaycard and it has been referred to 1st Credit.

I don't dispute that I owe some money, but it's the amount of the debt which I dispute. The original debt to Barclaycard was around £1400, but the amount of the CCJ is £2900. I don't understand how the debt can have literally doubled.

I am willing to pay in instalments, but would like to challenge the total amount owed. Does anyone know how I go about this, whilst at the same time starting to make some form of payment towards what I do owe? I'm frightened that if I don't contact them soon they will petition for bankruptcy and I'm a sole parent with two young children to care for, and probably currently in negative equity. This has had me worried sick :(

being in negative equity in these circumstances is a good thing not a bad one- the bigger the neg equity the better-

is this the same debt ?

when was the ccj issued and what was the order of the court regarding payment?

did you attend court

was it at northampton

did you provide the court with an I and E account and make an offer of monthly payments