B&B Booking Advice

tspkm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I booked a room in a B&B for 2 nights at the end of August for 2 people and it says on the website that the prices are £19.00 per person per night on weekdays and £25.00 per person per night at weekends.

So it should have been £76.00 in total, I booked it on the site and it charged my card, I received confirmation through the post today and it says they have taken a deposit of £61.00 and I have to pay a further £58.00 on arrival which takes the total to £119.00.

What can i do about this? Surely they should have charged me the prices quoted on their website?

Edited by tspkm

I haven't rang them i will email then and maybe ring them, Their booking form is a little odd i must admit, I only received confirmation today and i booked it on monday evening.

I see no terms and conditions on their site which could get them into trouble. They have to display their company number as well.

There are two 'Click to Book' buttons, one under the Specials and one under the £19pppn. They both go to the same booking page so can't see it being that.

You should email them and ask why the difference in the price. Don't do it on the phone, you want a hard copy.

I have emailed saying I can see no terms and conditions. Will let you know what they say.

Thank you Conniff for your helpful advice i too was wondering about the terms & conditions.

So where do i stand in this matter? Should i get the room for £76.00 for the 2 nights?

What if they update their website in the coming days?

It will show the prices at the time you booked.

Yes I believe they should give you the £19 price as there is absolutely nothing to indicate that there are any extras or insurance etc; and the law now says that the full price must be given on the main booking page.

Do the top and the bottom of the page so you get the whole lot.

Is the booking by Credit Card or Debit Card?

How will it show the prices at the time i booked if i booked 4 days ago?

I will do one of the top and bottom then :D

The booking was done by Debit Card.

If they update and change the price, you can show that it was £19. It matters not that you haven't taken it on the day, it is still that price now, and I have seen it.

If they insist that the price is what they have said in the email and not what is shown on the website, if you change your mind and the price was the reason you booked, you will be able to do a chargeback with the card should they not want to return the full amount.

It has to be over £100 for a credit card, but can be anything on a debit card as long as it is a Visa debit card.

Unfortunately it was booked using a Solo Card :(

I will be contacting them about it and hope it gets sorted straight away i must admit i will feel funny staying there next month because we might not be well liked by them because we will be trying to get the room for the stated price.

You only need ask in the first instance why the difference in the price on the email and the one on the website. There is no reason to go into detail in the first email.

Will you stay there if the price is confirmed as the higher??

I would really like to stay at the hotel it seems nice and has obviously won awards and it is very appealing. However it is very misleading thinking that i am only paying £76.00 for the room for 2 nights and then i get charged around £120.00 in total and was only informed today via confirmation letter, I am not sure whether i would have booked it if i knew the cost was going to be £44.00 more than it is advertised at.

I am stuck either way are deposits are non refundable, Is there any chance i could get a refund on the deposit because of the misleading prices on their website? I have done screenshots of the website already.

checkout tripadvisor too

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Thank you pompeyfaith, Conniff or somebody else please can you let me know whether i could claim my deposit back from them on the grounds that the prices on their website are wrong and misleading?

This is the letter i am thinking of sending to them monday morning:-

I made a booking online recently for 2 nights in August 2009, When I booked it online I never received any confirmation about whether I had got a room and also no confirmation regarding the amount that the room would cost.

I was shocked to discover that you had charged me a deposit of £61.00 plus you are asking for a further payment of £58.00 on arrival.

On your website it clearly states that the prices of the rooms are £19.00 per person per night and I was expecting the room to cost £76.00 for the 2 nights not £119.00.

There is no Terms & Conditions on your website and it does clearly state that the cost is £19.00 per person per night.

I would like you to issue me a refund for the deposit which is £61.00, Even though your cancellation terms state that I would lose my deposit if I cancelled at anytime, I am cancelling on the grounds that your website is misleading and you have charged me more than you should have.

I hope this matter can be resolved quickly and you will issue me with a refund, I will have to take this matter further if i do not receive the refund within 7 days which could include taking the matter to the Small Claims Court.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

future advice if location isnt a majour issue then it may be worth looking around, weve visited blackpool regually, however weve always stayed in clevelys, its only about 3 miles from blackpool, the trams go directly to it and its very very quiet, beech is at least as nice as blackpools since its had the seafront redone, its not too bad price wise either. weve got a seaview appartment for a week (sat - sat) in august, not too bad one bedroom, ensuite bathroom, sitting room and kitchen for £260, parking infront and its literally across the road from the beach.

new seafront at cleveleys

10158797.jpg

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: