You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• What happened BRS, contacted me after the accident and wanted to repair the damage i agreed i told them don't you want to go through the insurance they said no !. I said ok you can repair the damage, they asked me for more details about the damage so they could post the job on mybuilder.com. Anyway i emailed them giving them details of the damage and they never replied and ignored me.   It was only when i done a askmid and got the insurance details of 2 policies running on the vehicle and contacted Allianz the first on the list, BRS contacted me saying sorry for the lack of communication i went on holiday and left it with another staff member who failed to contact you.   BRS offered to say they want to repair the damage i said "NO" you messed me about the first time and now i want the security of going through the insurance.     I did give them one last opportunity under my terms i told them to pay ***** (fair amount)into my account and that would settle the matter and i would sign a agreement that the damages are paid in full. There reply was "that is not how we do things here and to contact their insurance" and conveniently never gave me the insurer responsible.
    • Check this and read about a Notice Of Correction     
    • There can be many reasons for dual insurance, depending on the use of the vehicle, certain hires, contracts etc, - nothing our of the ordinary there, just get the firm to confirm which one, as above don't let them dictate, they are in the wrong.    I would use you own insurers , and always advise this in cases where there is an impact claim for a  wall or similar.    Reason being is the third parties liability is for indemnity only which realistically is to pay for the damaged part of the wall and that only, they don't even have to pay for a builder, just the cost to repair, leaving you to deal and fend for yourself.    Your home  insurance cover will be on a new for old basis, giving further allowance if there any grey areas in regards to block matching, matching items (say for the welding) potential wear and tear contributing etc,    - more chance of getting more of the wall done than just the section that is damaged - plus it gives you a much better right of recourse if anything goes wrong, especially if you get a cash settlement or they use dodgy bob the builder.    Your insurer will want the third party details and will chase the responsible underwriter for their recovery, you may be able to piggy back on that. The reason for their hesitance in confirming about claiming back the XS will be due to the fact they are a home claims team and don't do an awful lot of recovery of losses compared to a motor claims department, and generally don't have as much experience on a day to day basis (or certainly not the front line staff). 
    • Give them time-amoebas are a little short on brain power to work sarcasm out. I wrote a letter similar to yours to Parking Eye and they wrote back to confirm they had received my appeal! 
    • considering it expires in Jan 2021 it looks like it has 2 insurances policies running on it at the same time, What a farce! each insurance company could blame one another this shouldn't be legal, but it looks like it is.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4011 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just saying hello and how much I love this site. I gave me the courage to stand up to MBNA credit card pirates and claim £469 back from them in charges.

But it has also encouraged me to delve deeper. I took out my card around 12 years ago when I was young and stupid. I've effectively owed £6000 for over 10 years. Under normal circumstances I'd feel guilty about trying to shirk my debts, but I'm being charged £140 a month and its nearly all to cover the 30% interest they charge. I've basically payed them double what I owed them in interest and I feel I own them nothing more. To that end, I will feel no guilt if I can get my remaining debt written off.

And its thanks to this site that I've found the courage to try :-)

So next step CCA.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Hello and Welcome, Dib.

Good to hear you've had some success against the Bank, also glad this site helped you :)

Good luck with the CCA.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert