My Court Day Against Chandlers ..help Required Please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

As some of you may know I sent in Form 4 on Chandlers re their fees and the bailiffs treats well I have now got a date for the hearing and am basically cacking myself !

The bailiff has to submit her evidence by the end of this month...what am i meant to do and does anybody want to come?! I ave no idea whatto expect !

what court county or magistrates and what town are you in and has the bailiff sent you a copy of there statement as to why there fees are high that they will also send to the court if i can help i will but i too am in north wales it is also a good idea if you could send a letter explaining why you think the charges are too high to the court prior to the hearing this will save time and will reduce the amount of talking you have to do on the day, as nerves can make you say things which you do not intend on saying it will be ok

Edited by lets fight bailiffs

Thank You :)

I Sent A Form 4 To The Court Stating All My Reasons But If Anyone Has Any Alternative Letters I Should Possible Send Beforehand Id E Grateful As Always:)

I Really Am Worried Aout Speaking As I Lose My Temper A It Quick Sometimes ! Im Also A It Worried Aout Seeing The Bailiff There, Im Also Worried About Having To Pay Her Costs If I Lose And Im Also A It Aggrieved That The One Bailiff Is Being Punished When Its The Manager Of Chandlers That Swore At Me !

Basically Im Worried About A Lot Lol!

please dont lose your temper i was in court a month ago as a lady had placed an order with me and then stoped the deposit but it was too late i had paid for it in full so off it went to court she said she was intimidated in to buying this thing because she was elderly i even gave her the chance to just pay the cost to me but no in fact she lost it with the judge the judge reply said the way you have just sat there and spoken to me like that there is no way this man has made you buy anything the glow from her face was blinding so keep that temper down because the judge is only human and they can only make there findings at face value

where are you or what court is the hearing at ?

Concentrate on facts. It will be difficult to prove how the bailiff behaved unless you have an independent witness.

By all means say what happened but don't be surprised if the judge has to say "it's your word against theirs, so I can't decide"

The fees, however, can be decided by the judge.

You can succeed on these.

Also, I once had a case where I had written down what I wanted to say and told the judge I was very nervous and asked if I could hand him my words. He took those and read it out (for the tape) asking me questions as he went. So it saved him having to make notes and meant I could concentrate on the case and his questions. It might be worth trying.

What fees were charged?

HI YA :)

THIS IS A BREAKDOWN OF CHARGES AS PROVIDED BY CHANDLERS .

THEY VISITED ONCE TRICKED ME INTO SIGNING A WALKING POSSESSION AND ADDED THE FOLOWING:

Ammounts are as follows

Account passed at £987.40

12/09/07 24.50 Original Fee

12/10/07 18.00 2nd Levy Fee

22/10/07 12.00 Walking Possesion Fee

22/10/07 55.00 Levy Fee

30/11/07 1.00 credit card charge

03/01/08 1.00 credit card charge

Account passed at £664.00

12/10/07 18.00 2nd Levy Fee

22/10/07 46.00 Levy Fee

22/10/07 12.00 Walking Possesion Fee

23/10/07 1.00 credit card charge

31/10/07 1.00 credit card charge

03/01/08 1.00 credit card charge

07/03/08 1.00 credit card charge

Acount passed at £1132.40

12/10/07 18.00 2nd levy fee

22/10/07 12.00 Walkng possesion fee

22/10/07 54.00 Levy Fee

HAVE YOU BEEN TO COURT RE A FORM 4 ? WHAT HAPPENS IF I LOSE ? DO I HAVE TO PY COSTS? BIT NERVOUSE CAN YOU TELL?!

are you saying that you have three seperate amounts for the same case ?

if so i would just fill out form4 and dont worry about losing if you buy a jar of coffee and there are three prices on the shelf the shop can only charge you the lowest price and if the price was put up wrong instead of £4 it had £1 you only have to pay £1 sorry a bit of a rubbish example but the only one i can think of.

don't tip my scales as the only satisfaction i want is for you to win

hope this helps

Hi guys

As some of you may know I sent in Form 4 on Chandlers re their fees and the bailiffs treats well I have now got a date for the hearing and am basically cacking myself !

The bailiff has to submit her evidence by the end of this month...what am i meant to do and does anybody want to come?! I ave no idea whatto expect !

by the way if she has to submit by way of a statement you will get a coppy of this before the hearing and that will tell you what to expect on the day if you have paid the debt off i would send them a letter saying if they wish for the hearing to go ahead you are quite happy to do so having taken legal advice (only a small lie wont hurt) but you are quite happy to walk away from this to save any further court costs from eather side because when they lose with the costs they wont have much of there fees left any way.

Thanks guys for your further advice :)

They were collecting on 3 different accounts (all c/tax) and came to my house only once (as far as im aware) she tricked me into signing WP (Told me it was either sign it or the mysterious "van" will be cming back to take everything.

Also i havent got a copy of WP as it was a while ago , are they olged to send me this?

all you have to do is give the letter with there costs to the judge and say you dont understand it how they can collect three amounts on the same day for the same visit and the judge will do the rest as he will also not understand it i understand why but you are worrying about it far too much as long as there is no misstakes on the costs above you are worring over nothing

treat it like a formal job interview the judge asks question you answer

call him you honour if you get nervous apologise to the judge tell him your a bit never as you have never been it court before

don't answer with 10 words when 2 will do he doesn't want to hear a story he wants facts

did you put on your form 4 that the same goods were on all the walking possession agreements

no it wont matter i just wondered its still the same :D they cant charge on 3 accounts on the same day Ive actually read this on the Office of public sector information web site it was back in November and i cant find it now