You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Vhee

Quick question regarding Blair Oliver Scott

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4017 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

...Who this week emptied my bank account all but for a few quid, leaving me to survive for a month on £3.33.

They've taken the money, without any warning, to use against an old Halifax credit card. I had written to them previously to explain I just didn't have the available funds to pay them anything, and I guess this is their reply.

My question is, is there anyone I can complain to about this practice? And if there is, is it even worth it? (I'm guessing no on both counts) Surely anyone with any sense can see that I am not going to manage to cope on less than a fiver for four weeks. It wasn't even enough to get me to work the next day! Then there's just the small matter of my rent, Council tax and travel fees...

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Would it be too late to ask your bank to stop the payment/or to refund it?

Tell them that it was taken in error/without your permission.

Uusually it take a few days for a payment to clear from when it leaves your bank etc...so if you act quick, you may be able to get your bank to stop it/refund it for you - but you'd have to get on the phone to them asap if so ;)

The money was taken the day my wage cheque cleared. Initially the bank told me that 'someone went into a branch and withdrew all your money' but a bit of digging leaves me disheartened as it seems BOS can just help themselves to my Halifax bank account, something to do with 'ofsetting funds' Gits. I'd still like to rant at someone about it though.

Hi,

You will have to close your account any money gets paid into, they will 'offset' any cash you have, to pay the Credit Card, totally out of order action by the Bank, but they are allowed to do this. I take it you know Blair, Oliver & Scott are the HBOS 'in house' collectors.

There's a list of easily opened accounts here........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/13832-do-you-need-parachute.html

Have you any charges you can re-claim on the accounts ?

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Offsetting should be illegal, particularly when it leaves someone in a situation like this.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I would report this to your bank ASAP.

I would also inform the OFT & trading standards.

But before anything...speak to your bank about it ASAP - i cant stress that enough.

Yes as advised...open a basic bank account elsewhere & have all your money paid into there.

Exhaust all the banks official complaint proceedures as well.

The day I discovered I had been cleaned out I went to the Alliance and Leicester and was shocked when my application for another account was approved! :) BOS won't be helping themselves to my money again, I've learned this lesson the hard way. They didn't send me overdrawn, so no charges to claim. I suppose I can be glad of that at least.

you can't be refused for a basic bank account-they have to give you one.

you may not get switch,but visa electron works just fine for us