Dispatches to air debt collection exposé

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

From Credit Today Online. Could be interesting:

A Channel 4 Dispatches reporter has gone undercover in a debt collection agency for a programme that will air on 20 July, Credit Today has learned.

Presented by Jane Moore, Channel 4 said the programme reveals "some of the tactics deployed to get debtors to pay up, and talks to those unfortunate enough to be on the receiving end of this treatment". Earlier this year, Dispatches reporter Tom Randall got a job as a debt collector inside "one of the UK’s fastest growing agencies".

The programme is understood to also focus on the sale of debt portfolios. "Some of the biggest high street businesses are cutting their losses and selling on their bad debts to agencies for as little as sixteen pence in the pound," it said. "Agencies who buy up these debts are entitled to pursue debtors for the full amount. In this multi billion pound industry the stakes are high, and Dispatches reveals the lengths collectors will go to, to recover their debts."

Kurt Obermaier, executive director of the Credit Services Association, confirmed that a CSA member had made the trade body aware of the situation. He said the company had the correct policies in place for collections but individual employees may have deviated from them. He was not able to reveal the identity of the agency.

Credit Today understands that allegations include collection professionals putting undue pressure on vulnerable debtors, making premature threats of bankruptcy and chasing third parties and statue barred debts.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

sorry mate your the third cagger to start a thread on this, but at least its good to know more caggers will be aware of this program

Ah well, I looked on the first 3 pages of the Debt Collection forum and didn't see it, but I'm not surprised. As you say, it's good to know others are aware of it. Even better is the fact the the public in general will become aware of it - and hopefully become aware of their rights too. Knowledge is power.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

first ive seen ot it

the site is so big and rambling it doesnt hurt to have more than one thread

Already 2 pages of discussion here if you fancy reading. :) -----> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/208743-channel-4-dispatches-air.html

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]