You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

dr fox

Financial Ombudsman want receipts

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4022 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Over a year and a half ago we made a claim under our home insurance but the claim was not met by the insurers as the stated that our click flooring was under buildings insurance and not contents. Had both with the same company but no accidental cover on buildings but had on contents.

Long story short we contacted the Financial Ombudsman but they are now asking for receipts for the flooring and an invoice for the joiner who installed the floor. The floor was bought and laid around 2 years ago and we dont have any receipts.

Second question is IF the insurers do pay out for the floor, would we be entilted to any compensation due to the time limits and the stress caused between me and my partner.

Seriously though the amount of agro ive had from the wife moaning constantly about the floor and having to move the couch and chairs over the damaged parts so no one could see.

Thanx.

Generally, buildings insurance covers the structure of the home together with its fixtures and fittings, whereas contents insurance covers the contents of your home, the possessions you would take with you if you moved house. Is the flooring permanently fixed to the house, or would you be able to take it with you if you moved? I think that's the question which would determine whether your claim will be met or not. I know that ordinary carpets are considered to be contents, as you can easily remove them and re-lay them elsewhere.

As for receipts - do you still have access to your bank statements/credit card statements from 2 years ago, showing the payments to the joiner? If you don't have them, you could ask your bank to send you a copy of the relevant statement, but they might charge you for it. If you do internet banking, you might be able to access your statements on there free of charge, although I'm not sure how many months they go back.

Thanx Lemon Twist,

The insurers have advised that they will class flooring as contents as its not fixed in any way.

Receipts: Flooring was paid by cash as was the joiner. I only have a mobile no for the joiner but no reply.

Thanx.