Cahoot Agreements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know which sections of CCA 1974 cover the following:

Agreement for Cahoot Flexible Loan - with PPI. Is this a multiple agreement under s18, agreement seen does not mention PPI, no mention charges for missed or late payments also nothing about early repayment that I can see as not very good copy.

Agreement for Cahoot Credit Card and Cahoot Current Account - Is this a multiple agreement under s18 as one document has both details of credit card and current account. No details regarding charges for late or missed payments or info regarding your rights to cancel. But does have info on your right to settle this agreement at any time. Again not very good copy.

Also looks like they have supplied front of one document from one agreement and reverse with signature on from a completely different agreement as signature is not the applicants (friend who has asked my opinion).

Also Cahoots Default Notices.

Three received in respect of Credit card, each sent 2nd Class (envelopes kept).

Going by date(S) on DN:

DN no. 1 took 7 days to arrive

DN no. 2 took 12 days to arrive

DN no. 3 took 7 days to arrive

Each one says:

You can remedy this breach by paying the sum due as detailed above to us within 14 days of the date of this notice.

IF THE FURTHER ACTION REQUIRED BY THIS NOTICE IS TAKEN BEFORE THE DATE SHOWN THEN NO FURTHER ENFORCEMENT ACTION WILL BE TAKEN IN RESPECT OF THE BREACH.

Now i thought DN's had to give an exact date by which the breach could be fixed.

"…within 14 days of the date of this notice." - Bit vague - in case of DN no. 2 would only have had 2 days, day received was a Saturday of a Bank Holiday weekend so only had the Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday to do anything about it.

DN in respect of the Loan 2 received, again 2nd Class.

DN no.1 took 10 days to arrive

DN no.2 took 6 days to arrive'

Each one says:

You can remedy this breach by paying the sum of £XXX.XX to us within 14 days of service of this notice.

IF THE FURTHER ACTION REQUIRED BY THIS NOTICE IS TAKEN BEFORE THE DATE SHOWN THEN NO FURTHER ENFORCEMENT ACTION WILL BE TAKEN IN RESPECT OF THE BREACH.

Do these comply?

Has also received a Notice regarding your Cahoot Credit Card, which I take to be the new notices of arrears they are required to send. Does not say it is a notice of arrears but "Notice regarding your cahoot Credit Card (Account no. 1234567891234567)

And the account number is completely different from that given on the DNs. This came about 8 months ago but friend has had nothing since.

Thought they should send these every six months?

Sent second class, date on notice is 12th, date franked on envelope is 19th, arrived on 24th

cahoot is difficult. generally thought to be watertight agreements. i do wonder myself about the multiple agreement thing. case law is probably the only way the issue will be resolved, but there don't appear to be too many examples.