Court Action PPC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In september last year my daughter received a letter from a well known PPC demanding £75 for an unspecified parking notice charge issued in a local retail park. On her behalf i replied using templates off this site asking why this charge was being made as she had no knowledge of it. They just sent a further demand. She wrote back asking again for details. Again just a standard response asking for m more money. After receiving a notice of legal action in december she wrote back and said please produce evidence that i owe you this money and received no reply.

After 7 months of silence she has today received a Money Claim Online form from these people claiming £300 in acrued charges.

Help would be appreciated.

In september last year my daughter received a letter from a well known PPC demanding £75 for an unspecified parking notice charge issued in a local retail park. On her behalf i replied using templates off this site asking why this charge was being made as she had no knowledge of it. They just sent a further demand. She wrote back asking again for details. Again just a standard response asking for m more money. After receiving a notice of legal action in december she wrote back and said please produce evidence that i owe you this money and received no reply.

After 7 months of silence she has today received a Money Claim Online form from these people claiming £300 in acrued charges.

Help would be appreciated.

Have you checked the validity of the form?

What are the grounds they are claiming on? It should be detailed in POC?

You should receive all the evidence they intend to present to the court. If they don't have any evidence that your daughter was driving then you can challenge the validity of the claim on the basis they have not established that your daughter was privy to the contract.

Under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Act 1997 a third party cannot be made to indemnify another party.

Remember this is a civil case and the court will decide the outcome on the balance of probabilities. The PPC will have to prove their case.

Be careful not to supply to many details on open forum as the PPCs do lurk on the forum and others and will want to get a look at your defense.

Other things to challenge on include sufficient rights to the land to offer parking and thus enforce it.

You should also look at this thread. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/164651-problems-ppcs-face.html?highlight=problems

Which will give you plenty of ammo. Also google Dunlop case Penalty charges and post over on Pepipoo as their expert will also have good advice for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yea ok

pigs fly too.

don't believe it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...