You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4020 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

In september last year my daughter received a letter from a well known PPC demanding £75 for an unspecified parking notice charge issued in a local retail park. On her behalf i replied using templates off this site asking why this charge was being made as she had no knowledge of it. They just sent a further demand. She wrote back asking again for details. Again just a standard response asking for m more money. After receiving a notice of legal action in december she wrote back and said please produce evidence that i owe you this money and received no reply.

After 7 months of silence she has today received a Money Claim Online form from these people claiming £300 in acrued charges.

Help would be appreciated.

In september last year my daughter received a letter from a well known PPC demanding £75 for an unspecified parking notice charge issued in a local retail park. On her behalf i replied using templates off this site asking why this charge was being made as she had no knowledge of it. They just sent a further demand. She wrote back asking again for details. Again just a standard response asking for m more money. After receiving a notice of legal action in december she wrote back and said please produce evidence that i owe you this money and received no reply.

After 7 months of silence she has today received a Money Claim Online form from these people claiming £300 in acrued charges.

Help would be appreciated.

Have you checked the validity of the form?

What are the grounds they are claiming on? It should be detailed in POC?

You should receive all the evidence they intend to present to the court. If they don't have any evidence that your daughter was driving then you can challenge the validity of the claim on the basis they have not established that your daughter was privy to the contract.

Under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Act 1997 a third party cannot be made to indemnify another party.

Remember this is a civil case and the court will decide the outcome on the balance of probabilities. The PPC will have to prove their case.

Be careful not to supply to many details on open forum as the PPCs do lurk on the forum and others and will want to get a look at your defense.

Other things to challenge on include sufficient rights to the land to offer parking and thus enforce it.

You should also look at this thread. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/164651-problems-ppcs-face.html?highlight=problems

Which will give you plenty of ammo. Also google Dunlop case Penalty charges and post over on Pepipoo as their expert will also have good advice for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grr. Never contact a PPC.

I'm assuming this is is UKCPS?

I think you're getting help off Pepipoo..

yea ok

pigs fly too.

don't believe it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Grr. Never contact a PPC.

I'm assuming this is is UKCPS?

I think you're getting help off Pepipoo..

Indeed, the slow moving ice man is helping.

I would refrain from further comment here.