You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

nowayjose

HFC Bank letter received.. coming out to visit

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4017 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi is there a template letter I can send to HFC Bank to stop them coming out to visit.

I received a letter which says 'We would like to sit down and discuss the options available to you and discuss the future of the account. We intend to come and visit you at your address within the next 14 days'

Obviously I dont want them to come out so I would be grateful for any help in telling them where to go.

NWJx

Here you go:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-

Don't worry about them they can't enter your property or anything like that.

If they do turn up just say you don't want to speak to them and ask them to leave your property, then slam the door in their face. If they stay then call the police.

If you are feeling confident then if they call film them with a digital camera with video/sound capabilities they will not like being recorded and will probably soon leave.

You could also write back to them and say you will speak to them but firstly they have to pay a fee for your time before calling, charge them £100 to speak to you at your door. They fight with dirty tricks fight them back with dirty tricks.

Failing that I just let the dog loose on them, if they ever turned up at my door that is, which they have not yet :(

Thats the one thanks mintygit;)

You're welcome

I received a letter which says 'We would like to sit down and discuss the options available to you and discuss the future of the account. We intend to come and visit you at your address within the next 14 days'

g. not giving adequate notice of the time and date of a visit2

Report these highway robbers to the OFT: The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

After all, we all bailed their sorry a55e5 out of the debt they were in, payback time I say!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!