Cabot - NOT co-operating

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have done almost everything: Ive Sent

:Data Protection Act 1998 letter

:FORMAL REQUEST FOR INFORMATION UNDER

CPR part 31.16 letter

:Disclosure before proceedings start letter

and today in return I have received as follow

Dear Mr

Welcome to Cabot it has come to our attentions that letter from Cabot, confirming the sale of your Barclay account to the Cabot financial group was not sent to you. On behalf of Cabot please accept our apologies for this oversight

In order to clarify, we wish to advise that the Cabot Financial Group has recently purchase your barclays account and the Notice of assignment from Cabot is enclosed for your records

please be advised that this letter is for informations purposes only and there is no necessity for you to contact us. :confused: who the F wants to contact them in first place urgh!

Now could some one please advice me how to take the court root, this is no longer a joke! I would not allow them to get away with this :mad:

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi everyone and thanks for the help and support that i have received from you all

This is the update I have received from CreditExpert

Thank you for your letter *dated ** July 2009

In view of your comments about the Cabot account, I am writing to them for you, as i cannot amend your report without their consent. While I investigate your comments, I am adding the following statement to the informations you have queried.

THE CONSUMER HAS DISPUTED THE ACCURACY OF THIS ENTRY AND WE HAVE THEREFORE ASKED THE PROVIDER TO INVESTIGATE IT. GIVEN THAT THIS DATA IS DISPUTED, PLEASE TAKE CARE IF MAKING AN ASSESSMENT OF ANY KIND THAT MAY INCLUDE THIS DATA.

Now dose this sound good? please advice me"as into what else I could do to get Cabot

standard reponse they will conact cabot and they will say they have the correct info then the cra will remove the wording

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

what have you done so far?

have you sent a cca request?

ida x

Account in dispute letter sent

Legal Notice Under the Data Protection act 1980 sent

Notice Served Upon You Under Section 10 dpa 1998 sent

Formal Request for Information Under cpr part 31.16 sent

The above letters have all been sent

This is the latest letter I have received.

Dear Mr ******

Your Query

Further to your recent communicastion regarding the account detailed opposite

This agreement as been assigned to Cabot financial. The agreement remains between yourself and Barclay's Bank Plc.

As you advice we are not the creditor, but under s.189 of the consumers credit act 1974 the definition of creditor allows us to enforce the agreement as it says" The person to whom his rights and duties under the agreement have been passed by assignment" and the therefore as this agreement was agreed under the consumers credit act 1974 we are entitled to enforce it and entitled to process your data.

Under schedule 2 paragraph 2 (b) processing is necessary for the performance of the contract entered into by the data subject.

the terms and conditions of the original agreement state Barclay's Bank PLC can assign any part of this, right and or obligations to a third party.

we have taken advise from our legal department and advice as to the meaning of this part as it refers to disclosure of documentation when legal proceedings have already commenced.

if you wish to request any data held by cabot financial you may make a subject access request pursuant to s.7 data protection act, which carry a £10.00 fee.

we trust this clarifies the situation

Now this is what they have to say??:confused:

ok, cpr route, have you sent letter 1 and 2? and who did you send them too?

ida x

Account in dispute letter sent

Legal Notice Under the Data Protection act 1980 sent

Notice Served Upon You Under Section 10 dpa 1998 sent

Formal Request for Information Under cpr part 31.16 sent

The above letters have all been sent

This is the latest letter I have received.

Dear Mr ******

Your Query

Further to your recent communicastion regarding the account detailed opposite

This agreement as been assigned to Cabot financial. The agreement remains between yourself and Barclay's Bank Plc.

As you advice we are not the creditor, but under s.189 of the consumers credit act 1974 the definition of creditor allows us to enforce the agreement as it says" The person to whom his rights and duties under the agreement have been passed by assignment" and the therefore as this agreement was agreed under the consumers credit act 1974 we are entitled to enforce it and entitled to process your data.

Under schedule 2 paragraph 2 (b) processing is necessary for the performance of the contract entered into by the data subject.

the terms and conditions of the original agreement state Barclay's Bank PLC can assign any part of this, right and or obligations to a third party.

we have taken advise from our legal department and advice as to the meaning of this part as it refers to disclosure of documentation when legal proceedings have already commenced.

if you wish to request any data held by cabot financial you may make a subject access request pursuant to s.7 data protection act, which carry a £10.00 fee.

we trust this clarifies the situation

Now this is what they have to say??:confused:

Did you send CCA request before dispute letter?

ok, cpr route, have you sent letter 1 and 2? and who did you send them too?

ida x

can you answer this?

ida x

I have done almost everything: Ive Sent

:FORMAL REQUEST FOR INFORMATION UNDER

CPR part 31.16 letter

thats cpr.

if you have followed this thread you need to go to letter 2

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html

ida x

thats cpr.

if you have followed this thread you need to go to letter 2

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html

ida x

The main reasoning behind sending a CCA request and follow up with account in dispute letter is to set the whole process rolling.

CPR is the route to take to get a copy of your agreement, but I believe that is when they have treatened you with Court Action.

Thank you IdaInFife I will start on this letter 2 Right now

vint1954 thank you for your reply" Cabot have not treatened me (yet) with court action, I have told them, that account is on dispute, but they are still holding defult on my name, they are processing my data

Thank you IdaInFife I will start on this letter 2 Right now

vint1954 thank you for your reply" Cabot have not treatened me (yet) with court action, I have told them, that account is on dispute, but they are still holding defult on my name, they are processing my data

There should only be one default on your CRA file for each debt.

If there are 2, then you need to get the second removed.

There should only be one default on your CRA file for each debt.

If there are 2, then you need to get the second removed.

Barclays have removed they default, but Cabot are continuing to process my data, that is what us winding me up