You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi   When you say lease is this a Private Rented Property? (is it a lease or an AST)   Exactly what type of Agreement did you have and start date and end date?   Was your Deposit protected in a Tenancy Deposit Scheme and your were given a copy of the Prescribed Terms of that Scheme?   When you moved out of the property was this agreed with the Landlord and a check out inspection agreed? (i note you mentioned they couldn't carry out the inspection due to covid-19)   Does your lease agreement have any clauses in it for 'Late Payment of Rent or Rent Arrears'? (if so what does it state)   Is there anything in the documentation from Lowell's giving a breakdown of this money owed? (does it have anything mentioning damage  or it is just rent arrears/charges)      
    • you can't continue the payments eitherway ...think about it............... so it makes no odds if you stop payments now does it...   it can't harm you by stopping else they'd be no point in either dro or pro-rata as it shows either would thus be pointless   pers i'd go DRO simply contact an approved intermediary
    • it's interesting to see the default has gone, but that would not have been the cra but lowells themselves, or poss the default reached 6yrs and was auto removed?   anyway no you don't take them to court and no don't need to settle the debt it's not harming you.   if you look at lowell claimform vanquis threads here (use our search to right) you'll see thats the usual twaddle they roll out for a CCA return which has never won them a court claim yet.    
    • So sorry but just to check do i write to all these about the debts and try get deal to reduce monthly payments and stop all interest first or do I stop payments then write to them ?    Same if I was going for the DRO option do I just sort out and apply for that first or stop all payments then apply for it .
    • Thanks ive got them now to read through and also got a pro rata form . 
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
submissiveguy

Cabot - NOT co-operating

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3882 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have done almost everything: Ive Sent

:Data Protection Act 1998 letter

:FORMAL REQUEST FOR INFORMATION UNDER

CPR part 31.16 letter

:Disclosure before proceedings start letter

and today in return I have received as follow

Dear Mr

Welcome to Cabot it has come to our attentions that letter from Cabot, confirming the sale of your Barclay account to the Cabot financial group was not sent to you. On behalf of Cabot please accept our apologies for this oversight

In order to clarify, we wish to advise that the Cabot Financial Group has recently purchase your barclays account and the Notice of assignment from Cabot is enclosed for your records

please be advised that this letter is for informations purposes only and there is no necessity for you to contact us. :confused: who the F wants to contact them in first place urgh!

Now could some one please advice me how to take the court root, this is no longer a joke! I would not allow them to get away with this :mad:

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Also Cabot have been treating this issue as a joke, sending out standard letters to customers and making demands for payments, who on earth do they really think they are to force people into paying them?

Hi everyone and thanks for the help and support that i have received from you all

This is the update I have received from CreditExpert

Thank you for your letter *dated ** July 2009

In view of your comments about the Cabot account, I am writing to them for you, as i cannot amend your report without their consent. While I investigate your comments, I am adding the following statement to the informations you have queried.

THE CONSUMER HAS DISPUTED THE ACCURACY OF THIS ENTRY AND WE HAVE THEREFORE ASKED THE PROVIDER TO INVESTIGATE IT. GIVEN THAT THIS DATA IS DISPUTED, PLEASE TAKE CARE IF MAKING AN ASSESSMENT OF ANY KIND THAT MAY INCLUDE THIS DATA.

Now dose this sound good? please advice me"as into what else I could do to get Cabot

standard reponse they will conact cabot and they will say they have the correct info then the cra will remove the wording

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

IdaInFife you are right, I have received an email from CRA who have said" that, what could i really do now? please advice me

what have you done so far?

have you sent a cca request?

ida x

Account in dispute letter sent

Legal Notice Under the Data Protection act 1980 sent

Notice Served Upon You Under Section 10 dpa 1998 sent

Formal Request for Information Under cpr part 31.16 sent

The above letters have all been sent

This is the latest letter I have received.

Dear Mr ******

Your Query

Further to your recent communicastion regarding the account detailed opposite

This agreement as been assigned to Cabot financial. The agreement remains between yourself and Barclay's Bank Plc.

As you advice we are not the creditor, but under s.189 of the consumers credit act 1974 the definition of creditor allows us to enforce the agreement as it says" The person to whom his rights and duties under the agreement have been passed by assignment" and the therefore as this agreement was agreed under the consumers credit act 1974 we are entitled to enforce it and entitled to process your data.

Under schedule 2 paragraph 2 (b) processing is necessary for the performance of the contract entered into by the data subject.

the terms and conditions of the original agreement state Barclay's Bank PLC can assign any part of this, right and or obligations to a third party.

we have taken advise from our legal department and advice as to the meaning of this part as it refers to disclosure of documentation when legal proceedings have already commenced.

if you wish to request any data held by cabot financial you may make a subject access request pursuant to s.7 data protection act, which carry a £10.00 fee.

we trust this clarifies the situation

Now this is what they have to say??:confused:

ok, cpr route, have you sent letter 1 and 2? and who did you send them too?

ida x

Account in dispute letter sent

Legal Notice Under the Data Protection act 1980 sent

Notice Served Upon You Under Section 10 dpa 1998 sent

Formal Request for Information Under cpr part 31.16 sent

The above letters have all been sent

This is the latest letter I have received.

Dear Mr ******

Your Query

Further to your recent communicastion regarding the account detailed opposite

This agreement as been assigned to Cabot financial. The agreement remains between yourself and Barclay's Bank Plc.

As you advice we are not the creditor, but under s.189 of the consumers credit act 1974 the definition of creditor allows us to enforce the agreement as it says" The person to whom his rights and duties under the agreement have been passed by assignment" and the therefore as this agreement was agreed under the consumers credit act 1974 we are entitled to enforce it and entitled to process your data.

Under schedule 2 paragraph 2 (b) processing is necessary for the performance of the contract entered into by the data subject.

the terms and conditions of the original agreement state Barclay's Bank PLC can assign any part of this, right and or obligations to a third party.

we have taken advise from our legal department and advice as to the meaning of this part as it refers to disclosure of documentation when legal proceedings have already commenced.

if you wish to request any data held by cabot financial you may make a subject access request pursuant to s.7 data protection act, which carry a £10.00 fee.

we trust this clarifies the situation

Now this is what they have to say??:confused:

Did you send CCA request before dispute letter?

the CCA request is when you send them £1.00 postal order? If yes then No sir I did not send that letter to them

ok, cpr route, have you sent letter 1 and 2? and who did you send them too?

ida x

can you answer this?

ida x

can you answer this?

ida x

Sorry IdaInFife

No :confused: I did not send that letter, the only letters i sent were the above :(

section 10. they have not responded to also, so shall i know send them CCA with £1.00 postal order?

I am sorry because I really don't know what to do

I have done almost everything: Ive Sent

:FORMAL REQUEST FOR INFORMATION UNDER

CPR part 31.16 letter

thats cpr.

if you have followed this thread you need to go to letter 2

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html

ida x

section 10. they have not responded to also, so shall i know send them CCA with £1.00 postal order?

I am sorry because I really don't know what to do

Have they threatened legal action of any kind.

thats cpr.

if you have followed this thread you need to go to letter 2

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html

ida x

The main reasoning behind sending a CCA request and follow up with account in dispute letter is to set the whole process rolling.

CPR is the route to take to get a copy of your agreement, but I believe that is when they have treatened you with Court Action.

Thank you IdaInFife I will start on this letter 2 Right now

vint1954 thank you for your reply" Cabot have not treatened me (yet) with court action, I have told them, that account is on dispute, but they are still holding defult on my name, they are processing my data

Thank you IdaInFife I will start on this letter 2 Right now

vint1954 thank you for your reply" Cabot have not treatened me (yet) with court action, I have told them, that account is on dispute, but they are still holding defult on my name, they are processing my data

There should only be one default on your CRA file for each debt.

If there are 2, then you need to get the second removed.

There should only be one default on your CRA file for each debt.

If there are 2, then you need to get the second removed.

Barclays have removed they default, but Cabot are continuing to process my data, that is what us winding me up

Barclays have removed they default, but Cabot are continuing to process my data, that is what us winding me up

Have cabot issued a DN?

No they have also not issed me with a DN at all, The first contact they made with me was to offer me a discount for what I own barclay's and that's when I sent them a dispute letter

As Ida says, send the second CPR letter and post developments

Sorry I am with you know.. I will send the Second CPR letter Il start work on it right now

Thanks to you both Ida and vint1954 I will update you as soon as i get a response