Wetcloths ringing work number...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today whilst at my desk i recieved a call from one of the girls in our main office with a call to put through to me.

She said he asked for me using my full name (First, middle and last) and that he was calling from Wescot.

She put him through and an awfully rude chap asked me to confirm my name,

i told him NO twice and

he said "right we will write to you then" and hung up.

Now if i had been with a customer that could have been very embarrassing.

About an hour later the girl who took the call came through and told me she had googled wescot and it came back as a debt coollection company,

i knew this but was slightly embarrassed that she said this to me.

NOw wescott have my home phone number and know my address

so do they have the right to call me at work

and what do i need to do to stop this happening again....thanks in advance

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to, FOS, OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

Yours faithfully,

edit to suit

ida x

• Haha 1

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

If you want a laugh look at their website! Wescot Debt Management, UK Wescot Debt Collection & Trace Services

Especially their 'core values'

Wescot is recognised throughout the industry for operating to the highest professional standards.
:lol:

Anyhow, sidetracked.... OFT guidance on debt collection

Oft Complaints

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I have Triton on my back. RBS passed the debt onto them when it's in dispute. They have no credit agreement, so how can they sell it on?

Charl, you should start your own thread,

Go to the forum, scroll down to and click on: Debt Collection Industry - The Consumer Forums

Then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the left hand side is a blue box with 'New Thread' written in it, click on that and type away;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Also is it worth seeking legal advice now? I've written all the letters on here to RBS and it's gone on and gone since November last year. They've now passed it to Triton who keep harrassing me. Had one letter demanding full payment of the loan in full. I wrote back saying that my dispute is with RBS and not them, they just keep phoning all hours, weekends, evenings, haven't answered one call though. I'm sure another letter will drop through the door with more threats.

If RBS have no credit agreement, I don't recall ever signing one, because they changed the terms of the loan at the last minute, making me pay over 7 years instead of 4. It was done over the phone and that was that. Surely if no agreement exists they have to write it off, they already admitted they can't take me to court.

Can anybody help please, or even recommend a decent solicitor, have sent an enquiry to Stephensons, but still waiting and it's been a week.

Thanks

Thanks I get it finally, been wondering how you start your own thread.

No worries, as soon as you start your own thread then people will help out:D

If you want a laugh look at their website! Wescot Debt Management, UK Wescot Debt Collection & Trace Services

Especially their 'core values'

:lol:

Anyhow, sidetracked.... OFT guidance on debt collection

Oft Complaints

Ill tell you what, if i worked for them i would defernately not have my picture on their website. I would be ashamed to have any connection with them. These members of staff look so happy it's a complete load of bo**ocks!!!

Ill tell you what' date=' if i worked for them i would defernately not have my picture on their website. I would be ashamed to have any connection with them. These members of staff look so happy it's a complete load of bo**ocks!!![/quote']

At least you would get a free T-shirt!:lol:

They look too happy if you ask me...Maybe someone off cam is holding a gun lol...

Pah! There in a Goldfish bowl, and have no idea what is happening outside of it....:lol::lol:

that website is a joke, it looks like they are advertising some kind of proffessional marketing company or something along those lines. The reality is that they are probrabley a load of odd, useless, weasel like morons working from a porta cabin....