DCA's saying ' it ain't me gov' lets all feel sorry!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just received this report from Credit Today magazine for the Credit Industry about a Channel 4 expose on a DCA...what is sickening about this is the complete blindness of Kurt Obermaier the head of the CSA ( which is the self appointed body run by the DCA's as a boys and girls club to look after themselves but made to make the industry look as if it's controlled (pull the other leg CSA:p) trying to say " well the agency concerned is a really decent practice doing a really professional job, but one or two individuals weren't quite playing by the official rules ! :eek:

MR OBERMAIER - how long have you had that job?

- How long have you been looking after Debt Collection Agencies who make up 99.99% of your members?

How long have you ' not seen' what's happening in your industry?

- How long have you been oblivious to the tens of thousands of complaints made to the OFT about their practices?

How long are you staying in your job if you have ' missed' this? - I think the CSA needs an executive Director assigned from the OFT to sit and scrutinise you feckers and see exactly what you lot are up to...you must have your head up your backside if you give this sort of drivel out to the media....GET A GRIP For gods sake and DO SOMETHING about this industry you purport to represent...Geez, how many times do you need to be told?

Anyway, take a look at Channel 4 my learned friends and find out EXACTLY what people are like AS THE NORM in DCA's : enjoy folks and go give em hell...from CAG and the Cabot Fan Club - lets hope it's Cabot :D

Quote:

Dispatches to air debt collection exposé - 10/07/2009

Dispatches to air debt collection exposé

A Channel 4 Dispatches reporter has gone undercover in a debt collection agency for a programme that will air on 20 July, Credit Today has learned.

Presented by Jane Moore, Channel 4 said the programme reveals "some of the tactics deployed to get debtors to pay up, and talks to those unfortunate enough to be on the receiving end of this treatment". Earlier this year, Dispatches reporter Tom Randall got a job as a debt collector inside "one of the UK’s fastest growing agencies".

The programme is understood to also focus on the sale of debt portfolios. "Some of the biggest high street businesses are cutting their losses and selling on their bad debts to agencies for as little as sixteen pence in the pound," it said. "Agencies who buy up these debts are entitled to pursue debtors for the full amount. In this multi billion pound industry the stakes are high, and Dispatches reveals the lengths collectors will go to, to recover their debts."

Kurt Obermaier, executive director of the Credit Services Association, confirmed that a CSA member had made the trade body aware of the situation. He said the company had the correct policies in place for collections but individual employees appeared to have deviated from them. He was not able to reveal the identity of the agency.

Credit Today understands that allegations include collection professionals putting undue pressure on vulnerable debtors, making premature threats of bankruptcy and chasing third parties and statue barred debts.

Yea Ha !! :grin:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Individuals working away from company policy, blah blah blah, usual excuse when caught out in my opinion.

They are the company, the so called individual rep them, so tough, sort it out, my rant over:D

Thanks for tip of programme, will watch:D

Its' a shame that they could not have put a Channel 4 Investigator into 2 or 3 DCAs at the same time as this would have added weight to their lies about it being the exception rather than the rule in their outrageous behaviours. Just think of the outcome of an ivestigation into more than 1 DCA!!

Excellent won't miss that programme on 20th just checked the date I'm not working late that day so I'll be there I'm assuming there will be a thread on here straight after.

DG:D (only coz it's Friday)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Laughing so much at this :D

Like we could believe that it is "one or two individuals" not doing things correctly :D Who does Kurt think he is kidding???? :rolleyes:

We've onlt to flick through these forums to see that this is their "standard practices" throughout the industry LOL They rarely treat people fairly or with any diligence at all.

Can't wait to see this one aired!!

I wonder if we'll be able to work out which DCA it is:D

Doubt it, they are ALL the same - :D Also on a more serious note, note the quote as to how much they pay in the £ for their debt purchase - " as low as 16p" - now I know most of you who have followed our path during the past 3 years or so will know this, but we were seeing as low as ..00.07p in the £ back then. Our matey Ken Maynard head honcho at Cabot was seen penning an article recently stating that competition is fierce and prices for debt has increased (poor darling :p) Banks are sifting through and realising some debt is far more collectable than older debt so pricing has gone up for that..chopping margins no doubt and a higher proportion of debt being harder to collect. Add to that the many thousands of people in Debt Management plans they never had to deal with before paying anything from £1 - £10 a week rather than whole swathes of hundreds they encouraged people to borrow from their family to get these nasty debt collectors threatening bailiffs off their backs and you can then realise why so many have --erm? cash flow problems - ha-ha, welcome to the real world people :D

Oh luvverly. I d hope it's Cabot as they are so smug - but any of them will be the same. They try and make out they are professional, ethical and all the rest but every one of us on here knows they're not.

Now let's see...OFT clamping down; prospect of Limitations limit to be halved;CAGers challenging their crappy litigation; and Channel 4 exposes. Yes I feel quietly confident this Friday evening that they and their ilk are well and truly on the back foot.

I

The programme is understood to also focus on the sale of debt portfolios. "Some of the biggest high street businesses are cutting their losses and selling on their bad debts to agencies for as little as sixteen pence in the pound," it said. "Agencies who buy up these debts are entitled to pursue debtors for the full amount. In this multi billion pound industry the stakes are high, and Dispatches reveals the lengths collectors will go to, to recover their debts."

Yea Ha !! :grin:

sorry their debts, no mate I ran up a debt with the OC not with some scummy backstreet shyster

One thing you can be sure of though, whichever one it is, you can guarantee they will be picking up a prize as the

' best DCA of the year '

by the self congratulating industry at the Credit Today awards ceremony :p

I know one outfit that will be sending in their congratulations:

the Cabot Fan Club :grin::grin:

:grin:

One thing you can be sure of though, whichever one it is, you can guarantee they will be picking up a prize as the

' best DCA of the year '

Now wouldn't it be amusing if the "few" bad apples had won previous awards for employee of the year either at credit today or at an individual DCA, or been nominated previously. Time to find them all out ready.

Channel 4 usually digs much deeper than the other channels. A viewing must. Guess they will have gone for a company which has a lot of impact at csa, current of past chairman?

There have been site announcements for TV programmes, anyone got a list of those for the last few months. There could be a clue in there.

Can we get an investigation into what's left of the sub-prime lenders please? I desperately want to hear from a whistle blower that's either been involved with SPML or Capstone mortgage businesses'.

You can add Swift Advances to that one too! :D

Wonder why they didnt interview the President of the CSA who happens to be a director of Worst Credit who had their knuckles rapped by the CSA.

Of course Worst Credit used the usual excuse of systems errors and they were addressing the need to improve training for some staff

Of course Worst Credit used the usual excuse of systems errors and they were addressing the need to improve training for some staff

I am amazed that companies actually get away with that miserable excuse for an excuse.

Companies a liable for the actions of their employees full stop.

David

I had it from Wescot once, git sat on the phone one Saturday morning threatening me with a bailiff on Monday if I didn't pay some credit card bill, I told him I'd phone back on Wednesday with a resolution to this if he held off. Monday I phoned his director and told him to sack the fecker, train his staff right and expect a communication from the OFT for this employees actions. Tuesday I phoned the git and told him that I would still phone him on Wednesday with the resolution but as this was Tuesday and it was my call rather than his he should shut up and keep quite and listen rather than talking AT me, I then went on to ask him what he needs to have in place before he starts threatening people with bailiffs? - I said save your answers for your Director because he's about to come down and have a little chat! :D

Never heard another word :D...but they still do it and training is what it's about, trouble is they don't train because it doesn't pay them to do so. Still a bunch of gits! :D

Pleeeease let it be Cabsnot!

It is about time the OFT got their act together too – if they are responsible for regulation of this industry at the expense of the taxpayer then it’s about time they started doing the job they are paid to do.

T :)

I can't help it, I'm laughing so much...I've only just got this...I'll probably be Cagbotted but enjoy this while you can...language is strong so no people under 18 or anyone who is offended by bad language.. I'm still laughing

Wonder if they'll play this on Channel 4 if it is Cabot... :grin:

YouTube - Cabot Towers - Uncle Ken Loses It

Sorry site team! LOL

I'm still chuckling now it looked like they were a bit hot under the collar.

Brilliant

DG:cool::lol::lol::D

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation