I Group GE Money or whatever they are now

duncanb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone advise me what i should do, I do not mean to ramble but this will take a bit of explaining. Please do take the time to read as my life has slowly disolved into nothing over the last four years and I would dearly like to try and rebuild.

Approxamately 7 years ago I took out a Chelsea motgage on our family home, no problems all ok, after about 3 years I started out on my own as a IT consultant, work fine

loads of it and everything looking great. about a year later things started to slow but I had a large contract looming with a company I had worked with and supported for 2 years.

I decided I would look for an advance on my mortgage, being self inployed for less than 3 years i coud not get a advance, until i contacted I Group, they pretty much threw the money at me I did not even have to prove i earned anything, I just put down the amount I wanted and signed the form. If I remember correctly it was called a "non Status Mortgage".

All was well for a while until my father started to deteriate from Cancer and my mother decided to "try to commit suicide" my daily routine became Nurse, Working hospital visiting in the eveining, it was exausting. It only lasted a short while as my father worsend and died, this brought on more chores, eventually I closed my business

rather than it wrap up with massive debts, unfortunately this left me unemployed and quickly in arreas with CC and Mortgages.

My main mortgage left it one calander month "one missed payment"before shattering my world with a cc date, obviously we fought it and were allowed to stay if we could make further payments, I had managed to find employment after six months out of work, we tried desperately to make payments and additional payments to the CBS to lower the arrears, but it was not working out not with I group or GE Money hounding us as well.

We had gone to court against GE money with Irrisponsible lending as a defence our court case was posponed as Wragg and co (I Group GE Money) could not provide the relavant documentation during the court hearing... this was never re heard as the CBS were given a eviction order in their favor before the case with I Group was re Heard.

We left the property and moved from Inlaws to eventually rented accomodation, with continued harasment from my creditors and a high pressure job i attempted to comit suicide, fortunately unsucessfully.but causing me to have a breakdown.

that was two years ago, I have not worked since, I do not know how we have managed to get by we have been continued to be harased by our creditors even though we have nothing.

Would someone on the forums be able to answer this, recently I Group, AKA GE Money have contacted us saying we owe £3150 we asume for their legal fees they forgot to add onto their claim to our property as the second chage, we received nothing from the sale of our pproperty not even notification of the sale or the final settlement details. where do we stand, do we still have the right to take them back to court for irrisponsible lending ?

please help

regards dburtuk

Regards Duncan

Dreams to Reality Through Persistence

"in the Acorn Sleeps the Mighty Oak"

"Persistence, Not Patience is a Virtue, "

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Maybelline, Thanks for the info it could be very useful, in the future.

rgds dburtuk

Regards Duncan

they pretty much threw the money at me I did not even have to prove i earned anything, I just put down the amount I wanted and signed the form.

sounds about right for GE, formerly I Group and Ocwen, secret commissions could be worth a look at also:)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Thanks again Maybelline, I will spend some time looking into this, will keep you informed

rgds dburtuk:)

Regards Duncan

Would someone on the forums be able to answer this, recently I Group, AKA GE Money have contacted us saying we owe £3150 we asume for their legal fees they forgot to add onto their claim to our property as the second chage, we received nothing from the sale of our pproperty not even notification of the sale or the final settlement details. where do we stand, do we still have the right to take them back to court for irrisponsible lending ?

Regards Duncan

so who exactly do you allegedly owe it to?? GE, Ocwen or IGroup cos it cant be all of them, they seem to change their name when it suits them, cat and mouse tactics, how can you challenge or defend when they do this and surely it is unlawful, GE Servicing who are they, I thought the other two no longer existed at all? google Ocwen, all USA isnt it? Ge all over the world of course.

http://www.gemoney.co.uk/en/important_legal_info/index.html#Mortgages

just did a quick google, so they do exist and this link also gives which company is FSA regulated and which is not.

Edited by maybelline

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again it been a while, in reply, well it was I group, thats changed to GE money,my question again. we were evicted, by our first mortgage company CBS, but Igroup as the second charge was persueing us also. we had a case against I group for Irrisponsible lending, the judge had made a statement to this effect. when we lost the property we were under the impression this was the end of it but Igroup have had their cake the second charge and now are chasing for their legal fees 3 years later....

my question "can we re-open the irrisponsible lending case against them as we have not been notified of any results or actions..?"

Kind regards Duncan

Regards Duncan