Channel 4 Dispatches to air debt collection exposé

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick test to see if a Statutory Demand is for real, is to see if it has been sealed by the Court (i.e. does it have a Court stamp mark)

An SD doesn't need a court stamp, or to go anywhere near a court for that matter.

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

A quick test to see if a Statutory Demand is for real, is to see if it has been sealed by the Court (i.e. does it have a Court stamp mark).

If not, next step is to give the process server a slapped neck for taking the pith. Then suggest he might like to go and reproduce elsewhere.

Cheers,

BRW

An SD doesn't need a court seal, anyone can issue one FOC.

Hi

Well, I'm SHOCKED!!

My sleepy hometown has a DCA in residence!

This is amazing, our council wouldn't allow a full throttle sex shop on the grounds of moral reprehensibility, but allows a DCA?

Im going to get a petition out!

Oh well, at least they pay their rates on time I guess:(

Bill

I have mental health problems and I'll be honest it made me feel so annoyed at how much time I now realise I wasting being frightened. I didnt even answer the door to the doctors who were sent round and things got pretty serious. As I said I thumped the telly and have sore knuckles so as much as sad before I am angry very angry. You see I have to try next time and not be intimidated by them, It depends on my illness at the time how I will react.

We live and learn.x:)

I believe in giving people a fair crack of the whip but do you follow the same practices as shown tonight,

I really do hope you never find yourself in the position I and others have found themselves in. Being on the "wrong" end of these phone calls is distressing and if you have mental health issues (as I did) "dark thoughts" come easily to mind

A long while ago I got in a mess and owed money to Westcot, Moorcroft and Robinson Way. The first two were ok, but jees Rob Way were a nightmare, I paid the debt off at £10 a month (only a £100 mobile bill) and as I paid by Standing Order they couldn't see it in their account. I must have sent my statements to them about three times, wasted numerous calls and all I got was harrasment from them.

I do understand that sometimes the industry doesn't do itself any favours but there is a role to play in keeping the economy going. If nobody paid their debts back surely the country's economy would eventually collapse?

Slaping a process server is not advised, on the grounds that if you hit him, he will hit you.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Yes was my beloved mum and dad, but i have now paid homage to my dad and feel it is time to move on and do what my dad would of wanted and fight for the rights of everyone here to the best i can.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

A long while ago I got in a mess and owed money to Westcot, Moorcroft and Robinson Way. The first two were ok, but jees Rob Way were a nightmare, I paid the debt off at £10 a month (only a £100 mobile bill) and as I paid by Standing Order they couldn't see it in their account. I must have sent my statements to them about three times, wasted numerous calls and all I got was harrasment from them.

I do understand that sometimes the industry doesn't do itself any favours but there is a role to play in keeping the economy going. If nobody paid their debts back surely the country's economy would eventually collapse?

Don't get me wrong but I and numerous others on here believe in paying our debts but when we get calls that threaten all manner of ills upon us unless we increase our payments, we start to fight back and when a DCA can't provide an agreement or a Notice of Assignment, why should we follow the rules when they don't. Fairs fair and all that.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

MOH walked out of the room when it was on. Said they were utter vermin. Of course he knows through the CAG stuff we get involved with, what goes on with these DCAs and so it wasn't an eye opener for regulars to the forum but if it just provoked even more people into taking a stand then it worked.

I also feel all the complaining we have been doing to the OFT is paying off so keep it up everyone. The announcement by the Tories today re the FSA changes has been instigated by the OFT complaints.

However can it be right or just for debts to be sold for pennies and then DCAs employ tactics like this to recoup the whole amount plus their spurious charges? It is frankly usurious. The banks also need to be brought back into the story don't they?

And Susiewong well done - you were very brave to appear on TV. We now need Dispatches to follow this up with we vigilante debtors and show them how to really kick these shysters into touch.

Matty1979 ....

his guy would be stoned to death for such terrible acts

..And in those same countries you could probably have the same for being in debt.

But listen, I agree, that guy Mark was **** and to actually allow them to show his face shows his complete arrogance.

I remember him saying "You don't say Alright mate as that will make you a pussey"?? What kind of crap was that?

I also feel all the complaining we have been doing to the OFT is paying off so keep it up everyone. The announcement by the Tories today re the FSA changes has been instigated by the OFT complaints.

The complaining must work, I hope, because it couldn't make it worse, but, and I am cynical, isn't that just political posturing?

Ahem, I don't believe any of them. :(

If nobody paid their debts back surely the country's economy would eventually collapse?

It's simply not a case of such a black and white answer. It is possible to set up a system which respects people, treats them fairly, and makes them repay what they can. Harassing phone calls, intimidation, lies, and threats are not necessary.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

The economy is in collapse - not because of Mr & Mrs Public, but because of the illegal, dubious and immoral actions of the banking industry. They use notional money to make their wealth, as do the DCA's. In the most part, DCA's do nothing to help the economy, they buy the debt for peanuts and keep the profits.

I am happy to pay my debts back when i can but I dont see why some other company should have the right to buy my debt.

There is a simple process that can be used & always used to be years ago

I get into debt...

company sends warning letters

company defaults you

company takes you to court

you come to an arrangement & pay them

Why does a 3rd 4th & sometimes even more parties have to get envolved

We live in a sick society where a man or woman doesnt believe or care if someone has had a death in their family & may just need some peace.

If this isnt stopped soon then people will start taking the law into their own hands.

Remember the poll tax riots & others

Don't get me wrong but I and numerous others on here believe in paying our debts but when we get calls that threaten all manner of ills upon us unless we increase our payments, we start to fight back and when a DCA can't provide an agreement or a Notice of Assignment, why should we follow the rules when they don't. Fairs fair and all that.

Yeah I completely see your point. A lot of people in the industry see this site (and others) as a way of evading debts, but I like what you have put there. We're not all animals and its a tough job that's made harder by the justified bad press.

I doubt I'll post again, but good luck and all that.

Matty1979, I was actually referring to a few Islamic countries regarding that statement. As regards debt, you would be offered help or ways to reduce the debt via alternatives according to means - but we won't go into that here.

Iback on track, I do feel that the debt you refer to and the very reasons for it coming about is what should be focused on much more and to then further focus on the lending institutions for creating much of this mess to begin with. So, where does ultimate culpability stop, Matty ???

I have very firm ideas about this, but you won't like em much, me feels !!

Actually we do follow the rules when this happens, if they can't follow the law like they expect us to, they should expect no less.

question everything!

It's simply not a case of such a black and white answer. It is possible to set up a system which respects people, treats them fairly, and makes them repay what they can. Harassing phone calls, intimidation, lies, and threats are not necessary.

Spot on TT :)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

I am happy to pay my debts back when i can but I dont see why some other company should have the right to buy my debt.

There is a simple process that can be used & always used to be years ago

I get into debt...

company sends warning letters

company defaults you

company takes you to court

you come to an arrangement & pay them

Why does a 3rd 4th & sometimes even more parties have to get envolved

We live in a sick society where a man or woman doesnt believe or care if someone has had a death in their family & may just need some peace.

If this isnt stopped soon then people will start taking the law into their own hands.

Remember the poll tax riots & others

I could not agree more. The thing is I never even defaulted with RBoS. They used xmas 2007 as an excuse to send my debt to a DCA. They used the slow postal service at xmas time as an excuse to get around me making them a decent monthly repayment offer which I was *ALREADY* paying and was *NEVER* in default. How the hell could they send my debt to a DCA when I *WAS* paying them and *NEVER* defaulted???

I wonder if there is any way to contest this now.

mattyd1979 you SOUND like quite a decent bloke, your tallents are wasted working for a DCA!

I second that, mattyd1979, consider turning your knowledge into something constructive, offer your time to a debt councilor?

A big friendly HELLO! to all you lovely CAG people :)

I can't tell you how pleased I am to have discovered this site - We actually kept the children up til 9pm this evening as a last minute channel-hop revealed the Dispatches expose of those Marlin sharks.

I am just about to tackle some DCA's head on to sort out a few debts we have and no doubt will be asking you all some questions along the way. Our debts were not accrued for frivolous reasons and we've been paying substantial regular amounts for a long while but I am fed up with these greedy B's and their bullying tactics.

Thank you in advance for all your priceless advice and talk to you soon!

Matty1979, I was actually referring to a few Islamic countries regarding that statement. As regards debt, you would be offered help or ways to reduce the debt via alternatives according to means - but we won't go into that here.

Iback on track, I do feel that the debt you refer to and the very reasons for it coming about is what should be focused on much more and to then further focus on the lending institutions for creating much of this mess to begin with. So, where does ultimate culpability stop, Matty ???

I have very firm ideas about this, but you won't like em much, me feels !!

Deffo last post, I'm off to bed to get a good night's sleep so I can be fresh for harrassing people tomorrow! (Joke).

The reason I got into debt was I turned 18 and got loads of credit thrown at me and then lost my job. I think that most of the honest folk on here probably have a similar situation and I respect that.

Night night, and all the best to you.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks