Channel 4 Dispatches to air debt collection exposé

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What i have posted on Channel 4

For more informed information about the debt business see the CAG Forum.

Good insight by channel4 but was it enough?

Why is every male victim in the program named Dave? GULP!

Banks/credit cards lend you money (a BUSINESS RISK).

If your debt is unsecure, offer a Pro rate payment and suspend all interest or else wait until they sue you for the money, at that point there can be no more interest and the court should only make you pay what you can afford. (Unsecured Debt Only)

This is the only option as the banks and credit cards companies and debt collectors only see us as walking wallets, if I ran any other business like they do I would have folded years ago, for making so many bad risks. But then again, they give you a loan based on how much money they can make out of you not your ability to afford it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just watched the program about marlin and all I can say is I am absolutely fuming.....

These people managed to get a charging order on my property in such an underhanded and sneaky way. The original debt is well under £5000 and was being paid by installments every month without fail and never missed. This was being handled by a management company and they have records to prove this. In addition I do have a couple more debts that are larger and do not have a charging order. I originally requested the court location and date be moved so I could contest it (and I had the financial evidence). When I eventually did get hold of the court they said they would change the date and location (verbally I’m afraid). Apparently this never happened. The next thing I know is I received notice that the charging order was made. However I have never received a N87 form.

I really want to say what I think of these people but I am likely to get kicked off the forum. I would really like to see this company get what it deserves, but what can be done?

You need to start your own thread and get advice about whether the judgment can be set aside

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

As I asked earlier. That part about forcing bankruptcy was unclear. First they say they are unlikely to do it. Then it was made to appear that they would push for it in a meeting.

So how likely are forced bankruptcies and under what circumstances?

Fortunately, forced BRs are rare. What we needed was the background to that couples BR but C4 saw fit not to give it...

To quote in the report 'doesn't want any of their people being made vulnerable'....but they have no problem hounding vulnerable people...shame on them all!!! You take their pay check, practice immoral and illegal tactics...then its only fair to expect people to have an opinion...especially if you show no sympathy for anyone (that poor chap whose baby had died....)..

I am not a vindictive person..quite the opposite, but I certainly will be ringing them tommorow and asking for MARK....OH YES!

His face wasnt even blanked out...so there's bound to be people from that part of the country who will know who he is etc..

I was wondering why his face was not blanked but everyone else was. Do you think he was arrogant enough to want it that way?

OMG - I'm loving this. It's about time someone exposed them for what they are. Shame on the OFT too. I hope they are embarrassed.

For those who are visiting for the first time, then help is at hand. EVERYONE on here wants people to know their legal rights and challange the DCAs. If you have a problem with Marlin or any other DCA, start a new thread. People are here, online now, waiting to help.

Thanks Spamalot and Joemay (and anyone else who replied)

I will start a thread regarding this. I will be collecting the paperwork together and the thread will started tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

Good luck .:) Make sure it's in the legal issues forum and we'll all be there to help

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

I was wondering why his face was not blanked but everyone else was. Do you think he was arrogant enough to want it that way?

He did come across as the type of arrogant sod who would think he could fight anyone & everyone on a Saturday night :D

The stench of arrogance the guy gave off made me think that to. He came across as the kind of guy who thinks he's always in the right. In saying that, I would like to think he watched tonight and somewhere in the dark snake pit that passes for his mind, there was a tiny sliver of shame and remorse.

concrete proof that these people operate without any concept of legality or morality, no sense of right and wrong. Even the credit industry realise that the OFT are toothless and weak

maybe, and it is a maybe someone with a set of b*lls will see this as an election winner and will take the job on

As I asked earlier. That part about forcing bankruptcy was unclear. First they say they are unlikely to do it. Then it was made to appear that they would push for it in a meeting.

So how likely are forced bankruptcies and under what circumstances?

You need to be owed over £750, with pretty much an uncontested debt. Bankruptcy can only be sought if the debt is unsecured. The debt can't be part of a time order, installment order, or administration order, IVA or DRP. A creditors petition costs well over £2,000. Except for government debts (i.e. tax), creditors will only petition if you have substantial assets. Such as a large amount of equity in your house.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Hi Cybermoth you say

(Banks/credit cards lend you money (a BUSINESS RISK).

If your debt is unsecure, offer a Pro rate payment and suspend all interest or else wait until they sue you for the money, at that point there can be no more interest and the court should only make you pay what you can afford. (Unsecured Debt Only)

This is the only option as the banks and credit cards companies and debt collectors only see us as walking wallets, if I ran any other business like they do I would have folded years ago, for making so many bad risks. But then again, they give you a loan based on how much money they can make out of you not your ability to afford it.)

But what if they get the charge against your house and what if the judge orders you to pay the full amount,

Now is a good time to mention a very good tool in the fight against these DCA's.

Its called TRUE CALL and is available via this site.

http://www.consumerforums.com/reviews/read-a-review/71-telephone-recorders-reviews/524-truecall-digital-telephone-recorder-

I strongly recommend recording all calls and logging all calls to these shysters.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Who me? For commenting on someone's remark that it was 'good that someone's life was in danger'?

Just makes you as bad as them in my opinion. Sorry.

Thats just the reality of it...alot of people will want harm to come to him now.

If you push the public too hard & show complete contempt for them like Mark did..then dont be suprised when the public finally snaps.

Mark? I thought they all used pro names. He will probably be Richard or Dave tommorrow. Reminds me of the famouse Mr Green who keeps signing letters to me.

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks