You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4007 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

been living in my present housing asso. flat past two years have the neighbour from hell living directly above me had noise equipment from council in TWICE it cant pick up their sounds there is alot of shouting when people come round and domestic abuse anti social behaviour she is asleep in daytime and awake at night also drags furniture around at night.

i am trapped here i am claiming benefits as i lost my job i am struggling to find another job and i am looking at options of selling up and leaving the country. i have to try something drastic and this is the time to do it.

i would appreciate any help thanks

Guest Old_andrew2018

Bump

Why "bump" when you obviously have no more to offer this OP than anyone else.

Not really sure what advice anonyy is looking for.:-?

Kentish Lass

Information given is based on my knowledge and experience and is not to be considered as legal advice

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi Kentish lass, to answer your question Bumping brings the post up the list, and prevents it being lost, Micheal Browne puts this more eloquently than I ever could.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/126507-too-many-posts-going.html#post1323268

and here is a glossary for abbreviations used in the forum

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31476-glossary-abbreviations-j.html

There is little point in me answering, as I'm not expert I'd rather one of the have one experts accessing the forum give an answer.

Andy

Edited by old_andrew2007
added some links

Ah - I understand now.

I am not an expert in social housing either so cannot really help. Am still puzzled though what exactly OP wants help with??

Kentish Lass

Information given is based on my knowledge and experience and is not to be considered as legal advice

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi

I've an old thread which looked at anti-social behaviour, some links might be of use, I've been prompted by this thread to update it. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/residential-commercial-lettings/136920-anti-social-behaviour.html#post1451334

One point of interest is the inability of the EH recorders to register the noise, I had believed they were sensitive pieces of equipment.

The OP hasn't been on line since the first post so its a question of waiting for confirmation of what they want, its reasonable to assume that some complaint was made to their LA.

Andy

Ok, you wouldn't go far wrong if you were to make contact with your local Beat officer, because its always suspicious when there are lots of callers, at night, to a property. This can be done over the phone or you can go and see them so that you remain anonymous.

Are there any children in the flat? If so, and you can hear domestic abuse, 999 for the police as soon as you hear it, they will work in cahoots with the duty social worker.

The same again if you can hear violence and there is just this female living there, after all that is a woman being mistreated, so 999 immediately.

Things aren't right if she's up all night, so perhaps a call to the Mental health Team (called community health in some places) just to make them aware with what info you have. It could be she is known to them and hasn'lt had her medication etc. This is quite a common one actually.

Then a letter or personal visit to your Housing officer, to let them know what is going on and to enlist their help also. Since you have already involved other agencies, and of course referred them to your HO, they will have no choice but to join in.

Keep a diary still, this is very important, and if you have any equipment which you could use yourself to record the disturbances as and when, that will be useful.

If you are being disturbed, so will others be. Have you tried talking to your other neighbours? You could do this in such a way that you are expressing concern for whoever this person is, and ask them if they too are worried.

Finally, the EHO, if they are a good team, should be quite capable of attending as soon as this occurs, and should provide you with a mobile number to call one of them.

Good luck - hope it all gets sorted for you.