insurance after licence revoked under new driver 6 point rule

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have recently sent off my licence and paid the fine for my final 3 of 6 points within my first 2 years (yes i know im stupid before you all start) :p

im now getting car insurance quotes for when i repass my test but does anyone know on comparison sites how i would get an accurate quote? they ask about any bans in length of months but you dont get "banned" as such for a time period so i dont know if the quotes im getting are right. im putting held licence for less than 1 month so should that make them aware.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Personally I wouldn't bother looking for other quotes at this stage, insurance companies can change their rates (premiums charged) on a monthly or even weekly basis. Your best bet would be to wait until a month before you come off of your ban to get a more accurate quote.

Your best bet would be to wait until a month before you come off of your ban to get a more accurate quote.

but the thing is im not getting banned for a lenght of time, im not getting banned at all. its just they revoke your licence and you have to retake your test.

my question is if for example i had just repassed my test today is it possible for me to get an accurate quote online. on the conviction codes (sp30 for example) there is a totting up of 12 points but there doesnt seem to be one for the new driver rule. do i just have to put full licence held for less than one month and that should be it or what?

I don't understand why you can't continue your current insurance?

If you want a new policy now, you will have to tell them of the convictions and the fact that you are on a provisional licence - that should be sufficient.

Since your circumstances are not straightforward, it may be that on-line quoting is not for you and you should approach a broker to work on your behalf.