You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

jlocspoon

insurance after licence revoked under new driver 6 point rule

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4023 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i have recently sent off my licence and paid the fine for my final 3 of 6 points within my first 2 years (yes i know im stupid before you all start) :p

im now getting car insurance quotes for when i repass my test but does anyone know on comparison sites how i would get an accurate quote? they ask about any bans in length of months but you dont get "banned" as such for a time period so i dont know if the quotes im getting are right. im putting held licence for less than 1 month so should that make them aware.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Personally I wouldn't bother looking for other quotes at this stage, insurance companies can change their rates (premiums charged) on a monthly or even weekly basis. Your best bet would be to wait until a month before you come off of your ban to get a more accurate quote.

Your best bet would be to wait until a month before you come off of your ban to get a more accurate quote.

but the thing is im not getting banned for a lenght of time, im not getting banned at all. its just they revoke your licence and you have to retake your test.

my question is if for example i had just repassed my test today is it possible for me to get an accurate quote online. on the conviction codes (sp30 for example) there is a totting up of 12 points but there doesnt seem to be one for the new driver rule. do i just have to put full licence held for less than one month and that should be it or what?

I don't understand why you can't continue your current insurance?

If you want a new policy now, you will have to tell them of the convictions and the fact that you are on a provisional licence - that should be sufficient.

Since your circumstances are not straightforward, it may be that on-line quoting is not for you and you should approach a broker to work on your behalf.

Your best bet would be to wait until a month before you come off of your ban to get a more accurate quote.

The whole point is that there is no ban.