style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just gone bankrupt and have had my interview with the official receiver. My question regards what the receivers do with my wife's finances. All our benefit income and household bills are paid to/from my wife's account, which was all set up because I knew I'd lose my bank account.

However the receiver didn't ask to see any proof of income or any of my wife's bank statements. Over the next 12 months though, will the receiver want to monitor my wife's bank account, or my own bank account (when I get one), or do they just let us get on with life?

I'm just curious really as it wasn't mentioned in the interview and they didn't seem interested in my wife's bank account.

The Official Receiver does not routinely monitor a bankrupt's accounts. And your wife's account is none of their concern anyway.

You are pretty much left to get on with it.

As far as a new account for yourself is concerned, then......

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/pdfs/guidanceleafletspdf/bankaccount.pdf

Do I need to tell the official receiver or trustee about my new bank account?

You do not need to tell your official receiver or trustee about any new bank account opened after the date of the bankruptcy order unless you are asked for that information.

You do need to tell the official receiver or trustee about any money in the account that is more than you need for reasonable living expenses.

So you can see how much is taken on trust. :)

Is your only income benefits? If so then these are excluded from being claimed by the OR anyway, so they wouldn't be interested at all.

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Hi thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know. Just nice to know they won't be questioning where every bit of the money goes. Yes only benefits at the moment. They did say there would be no IPA unless I started earning a wage.

Have opened an account with the coop but still waiting on the card etc. being sent through. They do seem to take their time with these things.

Thanks again.