Homeowner benefit entitlement....

Stressed150
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys just wanted some advice, I am a home owner, currently unemployed, just wanted to find out if anyone know's which benefits I would be entitled to?? I know JSA is one of them, however, as far as homeowner goes, do I get anything with mortgage costs, council tax etc??

I get Employment Support Allowance as I have become unable to work so it may be different from JSA but I have just applied for help with my mortgage. When I was working it was £1000 per month but I had to change it to interest only which being on a tracker and the interest rate cuts took it down to £83.They will only help with the interest. I believe the form I filled in was an MI 11 or 12.I applied for council tax relief provided all the evidence which was pretty extensive and they turned me down as I had too much money coming in! Worth applying though but go and see them or make an appointment. Child tax credits if you have any children. Mine shot up from £40 per week to £210.

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

ALSO REMEMBER TO DONATE. EVERY LITTLE HELPS AND THE FORUMS ARE FOR YOU!;)

if u are in reciept of JSA u will get full CTB and the benefit will/should inform them

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

What a relief.....thnk u very much pompeyfaith..... does it actually make a diff that the council tax arrears are from around 2 years ago when I was not in reciept of benefits.....?

The property had been rented out, and then was vacant for some time hence the arrears, now I have moved in and have been living in it myself for around 2 weeks.... What a mess!!!!!

i doubt if they will pay arrears 4 the period u where working but as u are claiming jsa they may come to some agreement with u to recover this

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Thank you once again pompeyfaith, jus spoke to council tax office, and they confirmed that they will not look at clearing my balance as I was not recieveing JSA at the time arrears occurred, but I will push them to negotiate on the outstanding..... thanks once again for the advice...x

as i thought so now u know that you and they will have to negotiate because they cant have what u have not got if it goes to court the judge will now that as u will be on jsa

Your jobcentre plus should give you the form stamped by them,you fill in the first bit then phone your mortgage lender and get the address where you should send it for them to complete their bit. Good luck!

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

Probebly a stupid point to bring up but my council have a £6000 savings maximum when accessing council tax relief

I have no savings at all!!!! EYEBALSS u mentoned that your getting help with the interest element of your mortgage from the jcnbtr, how does his work, and how long did it take before you qualify? Is it part of the new scheme that the government have introduced?

when you go to see the council about your council tax arrears do this as a matter of priority before it is sent to the bailiffs ask them to take the arrears out of you J S A i think it is approx £3 for single person £ 5 for couple

unfortunately this has already gone to the bailiffs however, I have decided to cut them out as I refuse to pay any of their fees and charges, and when I make my monthly payment to the council they are happy to accept, although I did recieve a letter from the bailiffs office advising me to pay via them and not directly to the council.. I'll give u one uess why...!! But as far as deducting from my JSA goes, I'm actually in arrears with everything including the mortgage and I have some help from family, as I want to get out of this asap!!!!! At the moment my Council tax arrears are £289.00 to which I offer £20.00 per month, they were around £350.00 prior to this, however, every correspondence I get from bailiffs quotes an amount of £400 plus!!!!

unfortunately you will eventually have to pay the bailiff his fees even when you have paid off the council tax arrears there will still be bailiffs charges and they can chase you for them because the liability order includes bailiffs fees

if there is no walking possession agreement (levy) the most he can charge you is £42.50

if u are in reciept of JSA u will get full CTB and the benefit will/should inform them

Only guaranteed if you get JSA(IB) (income based) otherwise you are assessed on income and capital. A significant majority of people on JSA© get full CTB paid.

Mortgage interest will usually be paid from week 13 of the claim, and you will need to complete and return the MI12 form.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

Still waiting for my mortgage relief as I am in the first 13 weeks of ESA.Have you tried a Debt Management Plan with Consumer Credit Councelling Service or any other charity bases Debt advisers? Look at their website they are very helpful.

Only guaranteed if you get JSA(IB) (income based) otherwise you are assessed on income and capital. A significant majority of people on JSA© get full CTB paid.

Mortgage interest will usually be paid from week 13 of the claim, and you will need to complete and return the MI12 form.

From what I understnd CTB is expemtion from paying council tax, and not something that you'd receieve in the form of a payment...? Is that correct?

Stressed that is correct if you get CTB your bill will be re-calculated and reduced.

The only exception to this is if you are entitled to a discount from previous years then that would be refunded.

PF