You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

judi5060

Barclaydcard/Debt Managers/Apex credit Mgmt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4016 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good Morning everyone.

Just a little advice Please.

I have a Barclaycard credit card which was handed over to Debt Managers, Edinburgh. Back in April I sent them a CCA request after getting some very helpful advice. In the first week of May they acknowledge my request and said they would get back to me. Heard nothing further until Monday of this week (6th July) when I received a letter from Apex credit management regarding this debt - it had obviously been handed over. Today (10th July) received a letter from Debt Managers saying their file was now closed, no further action would be taken by them and the file had been handed back to Barclaycard - no mention of apex.

I have already CCA Apex (earlier this week). Does anyone out there think there is any chance of me ever getting my CCA request either from Barclaycard or now from Apex.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Judi

Good Morning everyone.

Just a little advice Please.

I have a Barclaycard credit card which was handed over to Debt Managers, Edinburgh. Back in April I sent them a CCA request after getting some very helpful advice. In the first week of May they acknowledge my request and said they would get back to me. Heard nothing further until Monday of this week (6th July) when I received a letter from Apex credit management regarding this debt - it had obviously been handed over. Today (10th July) received a letter from Debt Managers saying their file was now closed, no further action would be taken by them and the file had been handed back to Barclaycard - no mention of apex.

I have already CCA Apex (earlier this week). Does anyone out there think there is any chance of me ever getting my CCA request either from Barclaycard or now from Apex.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Judi

judi,

Two ways to go.

1. Send Barclaycard the 2nd follow up letter advising them that they have not complied with your request, copy to Apex.

Or:

2. Start again with copy of CCA request to Barclaycard, copy to Apex. Debt managers should have passed your CCA on to Barclaycard, so option 1 probably better.

Don't start again with the CCA, the original request is still valid and needs to be fulfilled.

Just because thay have transferred the debt it doesn't change a thing. You make a CCA request from Debt Management, they must either fulfill your request themselves and furnish you with the required documentation within the lawful timescales or forward on your request to the original creditor, who must then fulfill your request within the lawful timescale.

As long as you can prove that a. you sent the request and b. that they received it, then the request is still outstanding irrespective of what they do or don't do with your account.

I would send the newest bunch of chancers the second "I am bemused" letter, the account was unlawfully transferred to them in anyway

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves

I just thought I would update you guys with the latest.

I received a reply from Apex credit mgmt on Tuesday of this week saying

that they cannot get the CCA Request to me in the time period and could

I write direct to their clients Barclaycard.

Apex have informed me that their account is now closed and no further action will be taken. My 1.00 fee was also returned.

This seems to me to be unbelieaveable. First Debt Managers close their file and then Apex credit mgmt. All I want is a copy of my CCA.

How good are Barclaycard at supplying an enforceable CCA.

Thanks

Judi

I just thought I would update you guys with the latest.

I received a reply from Apex credit mgmt on Tuesday of this week saying

that they cannot get the CCA Request to me in the time period and could

I write direct to their clients Barclaycard.

Apex have informed me that their account is now closed and no further action will be taken. My 1.00 fee was also returned.

This seems to me to be unbelieaveable. First Debt Managers close their file and then Apex credit mgmt. All I want is a copy of my CCA.

How good are Barclaycard at supplying an enforceable CCA.

Thanks

Judi

Sounds like they were just collecting for Barclays.

Forward your CCA request on to Barclays, enclosing copy of Apex letter, explain to Barclays that their agents have caused them to be in default and include the account now in dispute letter.

Barclays are responsible for their agents actions.

As spamheed has said, your CCA request is still valid, who ever you sent it too, so if when you CCA'd Sharklaycard and they failed to honour the CCA request, it is pointless CCA'ing anyone else.

If the OC (barclays) can't give you a CCA, then none of the other clowns are likely too either, unless they make one up.

IMHO I would be asking sharkleycard for their complaints procedure, and using it to it's entirety, then a formal complaint to the OFT The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

The ICO Information Commissioner's Office - ICO

And the FOS Financial Ombudsman Service

Your argument should be that sharklaycard have been unable to produce a valid CCA, and becuase of this they have now sold your personal details on to DCA's who are again making money by selling your information between themselves, all the time putting a black mark on your credit file and against your name.

This needs to stop and stop now!

Get all the other monkeys complaints procedures and lodge a formal complaint with each one, the longer they are allowed to get away with these unlawful practices then the longer they will attempt at exploiting the uneducated amongst us.

For those DCA's who have realised that they had been sold a lemon and state that they 'have closed their files' you should send them this letter template:

Letter when DCA has closed it's files.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

As spamheed has said, your CCA request is still valid, who ever you sent it too, so if when you CCA'd Sharklaycard and they failed to honour the CCA request, it is pointless CCA'ing anyone else.

If the OC (barclays) can't give you a CCA, then none of the other clowns are likely too either, unless they make one up.

IMHO I would be asking sharkleycard for their complaints procedure, and using it to it's entirety, then a formal complaint to the OFT The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

The ICO Information Commissioner's Office - ICO

And the FOS Financial Ombudsman Service

Your argument should be that sharklaycard have been unable to produce a valid CCA, and becuase of this they have now sold your personal details on to DCA's who are again making money by selling your information between themselves, all the time putting a black mark on your credit file and against your name.

This needs to stop and stop now!

Get all the other monkeys complaints procedures and lodge a formal complaint with each one, the longer they are allowed to get away with these unlawful practices then the longer they will attempt at exploiting the uneducated amongst us.

For those DCA's who have realised that they had been sold a lemon and state that they 'have closed their files' you should send them this letter template:

Letter when DCA has closed it's files.

I think that the CCA went to Debt Managers, but they should have forwarded it on to BC

I think that the CCA went to Debt Managers, but they should have forwarded it on to BC

Yes sorry!:p You are correct, I've just read his first post again, but I agree that in any case the request should have found it's way to BC.

So, as vint1954 said, CCA sharklaycard, see what they come up with, in the meantime, hammer the other DCA monkeys!!!!!;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!