tolade

CCJ Action on essex water bill

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3890 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Please can anyone help. l am a full time student and not workingat the moment. l live in my fathers house but he is not living with us (myself and my sister). l changed his name from the water bill to my name, but unfortunately, l have not been able to keep up with payments.

l called the water company and told them l am a full time student but they want me to be paying £100 a month, which l can not afford. Not upto 2 weeks that they say l should be paying £100 a month, they went to court, what l recive was a CCJ form to fill within 14 days.

Please is there someone who can tell me what to do, because am so frightened and disheartend. :(....

l dont want CCJ in my name or against me. Please help!!!

Hello and Welcome, tolade.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum and ask another Mod if they can help you.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Am I right in saying that they have got judgment against you ? Is the water bill the only bill in your name ? Can your father not help you out with this ? and £100 per month sounds like a very expensive bill to me (unless there are some arrears from previous years) Is it a claim form you have received ? If so may I ask what the particulars of the claim are ? Are you going to defend ? What you'll need to do is acknowledge receipt of the claim form within 14 days of the date on the form....stating if you are defending, defending part or admitting....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Are you on a water meter ?

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

no, we are not on meter.

hello thank you for your time, no l have other bill am paying like sky bill, anyway my father at this moment can not help me out...to be honest at this stage am confused, l dont know what to do. l dont know what you mean by defend, can l?

Tolade,

What exactly are the papers you have received through the post?

Is it court papers with particulars of claim or is it informing you they have obtained a CCJ against you?

If you can answer these questions it will make it easier for the very knowledgable people on here to offer you appropriate help.

Feebee_71

Thank you Feebee_71, l received the court papers to fill in in 14 days and return back to them. They have not obtained CCJ against me. lt is just the papers from court to fill in.

They will get a judgement if there are serious arrears that you cannot catch up on.

When you fill in the papers, enclose a expenses lists of income and outgoings. You will probably get a reduced arrears amount to pay on top of the normal payments.

Not very helpful I know, but you will have to put utilities and rent at the top of the list and only have luxuries like sky if there is anything left over.

Please can any one help me on how to fill in form N244. lwent to court but do not understand what the judge said, all i knew was the judge asked me hw much l can be paying p/m, that was the only question l was aksed, l think l was nervous because l was 3 minutes lates so l do not understand because l was told the judgement had already been done, later they asked us to come back in, now that was when the judge ask me that question. Please am in a confused state, please can someone help me out on this matter. How do l write my defence again or do i still need to use the same defence i used before?