• Tweets

• Hi Dave, Yep .... Will have to do AOS tomorrow .... Are you referring to CPR 31.14 Request?
    • I don't think I've ever seen someone appeal a mags court decision on fare evasion, JK, but as you say in this case TiredDodo has pleaded guilty. It is possible to challenge, as below. HB Appeal a magistrates’ court decision: Overview - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to challenge a decision by a magistrates' court. Including how to get a fine reviewed, if you did not know about your case, how to appeal to the...  
    • Update! I have now opened the mail from Barclaycard. I am assuming that their letters were prompted by my confirmation to them of my change of address, which I had advised them of twice. They are treating my change of address notification as a "General Data Protection Regulation Right of Access Request"  and state that I have made a "Right of Access Request. They are asking me to provide valid indentity documents! I have made no such request and am minded to ignore their request for extra information? I should add that their letters were sent to my correct current address!
    • Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

debt collectors from studio cards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all.

my wife had a visit today from the debt collectors, working on behalf of studio cards, he demanded to know when she gets payed her benifits , and offered NO id or his name , and he didnt say what firm he worked for , like many of you , she had not signed a CCA , so can anyone tell me where she stands on this , and where we go from here , any advice would be greatfuly recieved, many thanks in advance.

I hope they were not told anything other than to go away.

Next time 1 of these clowns turns up, ring the police straight away to report that you are being threatened.

Report them to the OFT/trading standards as well.

In a nuthell tell him to get lost.

This peoples are only trying it on to scare you into payment, been there myself, with studio.

Remain calm and ask him/her politely to leave without any details.

If they don't take the hint, you could also involve the police.

(Memo for myself: need to type faster...ha ha)

As above, I mean would you seriously give out info and money to any dickhead who knocks on your door and does not provide evidence of who they are or who they claim to work for.

these cretins get worse

thanks for all your reply's

he also wanted to know how much benifits she gets paid (cheeky git) for want of a nicer word , and said he would come back next week, if he calls again im gonna ask how much he and his wife gets paid and when , if he say's thats none of your buisness , then im gonna say TOUCHAY...and see what he says.

my wife has today sent a letter to studio , asking for a copy of her signed credit agreement , and see what happens , i will of course keep you all informed of the outcome.

send this at the same time

Dear xxxx

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully,

I would also advise that if the company refuse to accept the letter saying no callers, i call it a trespassers will be shot letter, at the front door then u can always hand it to the caller then ask them to leave.

Failing that u can always if you have the facilitys ask for there id and take a copy of it then ask the caller to sign to say its a copy of there id and accept they are tresspassing. Then send the company a bill say £250. then outta the check of it offer the company some of that money they may pay you back in full and final settlement of the account.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

thank you both for the letter info , i shall be using them to send to studio , the advice i have been give is fantastic , im so glad i stumbled onto this site., i shall keep you informed of the outcome

regards

BBguns xxx

BB i am in the middle of a dispute with STUDIO. They have admitted they hold no CCA basically by saying the application form they have sent, which could have been wrote up on the day they typed the letter as far as i am concerned, is enough evidence to prove a debt also the fact that i have ordered goods and madepayments on the account.

Basically the nutshell of my complaint is that

a) I ordered goods they never arrived. Sent them via royal mail u see.

b) they mucked me about for MONTHS regarding getting the items credited to the account, still over 18 months nearly 2 years for some of the goods i have not had my account credited, denying i have complained and refusing to deal with letters and email complaints untill i give them 7 days b4 i take action.

c) they expect me to pay on a disputed debt which is in dispute without the cca problems then they can go jump off a cliff somewhere.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

hi babybear39 , did studio have a signed cca from you ? and could you tell me who MH is please , as im not familiar with that one lol , thanks for your reply.

BBguns

The day studio come up with a CCA for any of the caggers on here then it will be a day we all drop down dead.

I have heard rumors that studio are doing a next that is sending out letters to customers asking they sign and return the cca thats enclosed.

thank you godmother and babybear , for all the info , it seems to me that studio run a very disorganised ship , and i will take them all the way , and there so called dca's , if i was to go into a bank for a loan , they wouldnt give me any money without me signing a cca , so why does studio ? very stupid in my opinion.

i cant wait for the DCA to call at my door next week , cos im armed with all the advice from you all , god help him lol he will wish he hadnt called .

according to info i was given they are registered and company that does not sell or extend credit only collects money.

As has been advised previously my immediate concern would be for the security of my property, regardless of what random person decided to knock on my door claiming to be from a company My first port of call would be to take their photograph and then to call the Police...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/208746-help-identity-mysterious-doorstep.html

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

im still waiting for a reply from studio regarding them sending me a true copy of the signed CCA , havent had any collectors at the door yet , but its still early days , so im keeping my rotty close to hand if they come and try to be awkward..lol cant wait to see his face when he see's the size of her.

now now remember thats threatening behavoiur.

Also remember to have the camera and the letter. Some ppl have said a taser gun also works.

the letter that we sent asking for a true copy of the signed CCA was delivered on 11/07/09 , so we are waiting for the reply now , will keep you all informed of the outcome.

u will get a sample copy. i guarentee it.

Yep I got the sample copy too.. they have argued that its good enough so I am ignoring them now.

I'm quite lucky in that I moved house last November and no creditors have my phone number.

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

I have in writing been told that they will only look for the real copy of my CCA in archives if the courts order them to and it is feeasable. I also have in writing that if it subsequently turns out i never signed a cca they will know it was not enforcable.

They dont care that i have told them i never signed a cca i know they dont have my signature on a cca but hey they have sent my debt to moorcroft who drop it as so as i mentioned court dispute and including them in the action

wescot now have it who have not been so easy to shift