You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Jesteruk

Do you declare part time work & sign on READ THIS

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4013 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was made redundant in Jan this year and obviously signed on. Now i work part time occasionally behind a bar, say 8-12 hours as and when required. Now being the honest guy i am i have always decalred this. They have then adjusted my benefit depending on how much i have earnt.

Now since May this year they have introduced a new system of checking the work etc. But i recently i notieced my payments were not correct.

For example if in the first week i earnt £30, they would reduce my benefit accordingly, and i would presume week 2 where i didnt do any work would be full benefit. WRONG. There new system automatically presumes i also worked in the second week when in fact i havent.

I only noticed this after recieving a benfit payment for £60. for 2 weeks money when in fact it should have been £100. The staff are unaware of this problem, and are now having to recheck every payment since January.

If you do part time work whatso ever, double check the figures they send you!

Halifax Bank - Owed £1599

23/3 - Data Protection Act sent

24/5 - Data Protection Act finally arrived

25/5 - Demand for repayment sent

04/10 Court bundle filed with court and Halifax

29/10 STAY ISSUED

JAN 08 - Currently being harrased by debt collectors!

Mar 08 - New DCA - Stopped in there tracks

Jun 08 - And another

Jul 08 - Complaint made to HBOS

Nov 08 - My accounts been sold to a DCA

Jan 09 - New complaint issued against HBOS

Mar 09 - Halifax re-aquired the debt

Apr 09 - Applying for Hardship.

at least they removed 2 defaults in selling accounts! :D

I dont not claim to know everything and any advice i give should be treated as MY opinion.

If ive been helpful tip the scales!

or better still

DONATE TO CAG - every tenner helps!

Part-time work that is regular can be part-time assessed, averaging your wages out weekly so that the benefit amount is the same each week and making it easier to budget. These reviews are not system automatic but manually input after a set period of part-time work declaration.

Hi,

What do you mean 'checking the work?' how do they do that, do you mean they get intouch with your boss and they confirm the hours you have worked?