NCO debt collection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi im new to the forum and would really appreciate any help you could offer to me in my situation.

I sold a games console through ebay and paypal back in march and at the beginning of july i got sent a chargeback for the money, saying it was bought via fraud (using a fraudulent card) and now they have refunded the money at my expense and because they paid through paypal and collected the item they say its my fault and up to me to pay it. i have not paid it to date and thorugh the past month i have cntacted paypal they offered me no help just said its all my fault basically, but i have contacted the police and they say they are investigating it. But last week i received a NCO debt collection letter, and im not sure what to do about it, do i give up and pay now? I have never had this situation before and i am really unclear what to do, i have evidence including feedback a note at the bottom of the paypal receipt clearing stating he will pick the item up not post it just i dont have the proof of postage that paypal require.

so really im so worried about what is going to happen, thanks in advance to any help you can offer :)

P.s. i have also contacted the financial ombudsman and they said they have sent a letter to paypal, will this help?

If all else fails, use Paypals Complaints procedure, do not part with any cash, do not speak to any company they decide to pass your alleged debt on to, just put the phone down, keep all correspondence in writing, unless you are recording your phone calls. And above all else. ignore the threat monkeys, they can do diddly squat, your arguement lies firmly with paypal and ebay ignore the rest who want in on the action!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!