Faulty Goods

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a Panasonic microwave which was purchased from John Lewis (online) approximately 18 months ago. The microwave came with a 12 month warranty.

It has been used approximately once every 1-2 weeks, i.e. probably 50 times in total, maximum, yet ceased to function last week. My mother has the same model of microwave and hers has been used pretty much daily for over 2 years and is still working to this day, which is pretty much what I would expect from a microwave, suggesting there was an inherent problem with mine.

I have contacted John Lewis on several occasions to express my dissatisfaction however they refuse to assist with a repair or a replacement.

Can anyone advise what rights I actually have under the Sale of Goods Act, and also under EU Directive 1999/44/EC and how I might convince John Lewis to be more helpful?

Hi,

You could always post them a copy of this:

Sale of Goods Act Fact Sheet - BIS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for the advice.

I've already pointed them in the direction of the Sale of Goods Act and the best reply they can come back with is "I have been advised that we are not able to offer any repair or replacement services for the microwave." :rolleyes: